Has the policy changed for renewals etc.? Renew or lose?

.Ian

Regarding old licences..... A couple of questions

Is it correct that renewals are now compulsory for any purchases (if you want to use V4.x) or if you wish to not renew and therefore not use them you must purchase them again if you change your mind?

What about old community suite renewals? How do they work?

What about premium support - if this is not renewed is this lost for ever and has to be repurchased?

May be best to submit a ticket to ask this really to be sure, Simply as you mention "old" , I first thought by this you meant what was "legacy" type licences which were left/not upgraded a couple of years or so back, but I don't think that applies in your case as you also say "suite" :smile: as 'legacy' ones would not be on the 4x series anyway in their 'original' form, one of mine is not but that's by choice and besides the point.

Just with a quick ticket the representative answering can look at exactly what licence(s) you have and their status/expiries and tell you 100% accurately what you need to do. :smile:

Are you talking about adding / dropping apps to your license or simply renewing your license as a whole? 

I think you're asking about the first case, which has changed in 4.  You need to re-purchase apps to add to your license, and you must renew all active apps together.  You can't selectively renew some apps and not others.  Everything gets renewed together.  

With that said, always send in a support ticket.  If you're a long time customer, IPS can do things to assist you.  

Archived