Permission problem, but I am an admin

NerdCore

Hello IPB users.

I'm having a permission problem with my forums.

I am an admin, in the Admin group (the default one). The admin group is additionally listed as an unrestricted moderator. In short, I have access to all of the boards member features, moderative features, and administrative features.

Yet, I cannot view the results of a poll. I had to close a poll as it had expired and the results were already announced in a post, but after closing I was greeted with the message: "You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results."

I've been over group settings several times and I've even completely rebuilt another moderator group (as other non-admin staff members have also had this problem) but the issue has persisted.

I am not 100% certain when this issue started, but I believe it to be at the time of the 4.3 upgrade from 4.2.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what to do, I've tried everything I could think of.

Ticket would be probably best as indicated so a support tech can take a quick look at this. It does sound like a permission issue assuming no third party 'addon' is interefering in some way.

It is worth bearing in mind an admin does not *have* to be a moderator, the roles are separate in that it is quite possible to have an administrator who cannot do much on the "front end" ? There are valid reasons for this.

13 hours ago, Aiwa said:

Submit a ticket? 

3 hours ago, AndyF said:

Ticket would be probably best as indicated so a support tech can take a quick look at this.?

I was contemplating this, but I felt I'd try here first incase others had encountered this before. I'll submit a ticket about this shortly.

3 hours ago, AndyF said:

It is worth bearing in mind an admin does not *have* to be a moderator, the roles are separate in that it is quite possible to have an administrator who cannot do much on the "front end" ? There are valid reasons for this.

I don't doubt that at all. The only issue I have is I can't view polls after they've closed because, reportedly, I don't have permission (yet every setting I've checked tells me I do). Everything else is fine.

Thanks for the responses. We'll see if submitting a ticket helps resolve the issue.

:smile: The other immediate suggestions I have are:

1.If your account has any secondary groups with it, verify they have permission, although in theory this should not be needed as you tend to / should get the "best" of both permission sets if they vary, but it is worth checking *if* you do have secondary groups applied to your account.

2. The error number if there is one (probably not as I'm assuming you're just seeing the poll but no results) would be worthwhile seeing.

3. This is quite unlikely but as it only takes a few seconds to check: If you are using a custom theme and / or a custom or modified language pack, temporarily switch them both back to the default ones and see if it persists

Archived