Topic under more than one category

kmk

Hello, sometime depend on differents categorys maybe is second to think which category should be placed the topic?

Is possible or some plugin there, or should be part of core feature, when or after created the topic author can assign it in more than one category, so when viewing the topic user can see that topic is under other category too.

1 hour ago, christopher-w said:

One  way to do this would be to place all topics in one place and then categorize them by tag. The topic view would then be filtered by one or more tags in an and/or combination. 

I’ve implemented something similar for Clubs and it works very well. 

Yeah

Fluid forum + tags

2 hours ago, christopher-w said:

One  way to do this would be to place all topics in one place and then categorize them by tag. The topic view would then be filtered by one or more tags in an and/or combination. 

I’ve implemented something similar for Clubs and it works very well. 

Can I take a look your site? 

16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can add the topic content (first post) in announcement content and make it appear in all forums you eant.

I try search by announcement in acp but nothing, can you give me a screenshot please? 

41 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Announcement is added via +Create menu or via Moderator CP.

Yeah now I have a annoucement created, but I don't know how related it with the topic category? Or how to do like you say? 

12 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Forget topic! This is an announcement and as such, you can choose where it will appear (in more than one forum).

@kmk what Adriano is saying is if you have an important or pinned topic to appear in multiple forums, use Announcements instead.  An announcement will appear in all forums.  

Archived