Very funny embed bug

jair101

One of my users apparently thought that a post in a topic is stupid and replied with the famous Captain Picard facepalm image. Of course, I don't allow such behavior and promptly hid the reply. To my surprise today another user has linked to the topic and the embed image is...you guessed it, Captain Picard facepalm.

image.png.1373d85f4b45f263adeeb389fb38b45e.png

So, I am sharing it here for amusement purposes, but it would be great if embedding can source only attachments from non hidden replies :)

Moreover, if somebody creates a topic without any images, then somebody replies to this topic with an image -> then widget will show the replied image. And the topic starter cant changes this image to his one with editing his owned post and embed a right image. This is because widget logic searches an image with a sorting by attached image id, not by the ids of topic posts.

Would be nice to have the option to disable images from embeds. I know you can post just raw link, but it’s not quite the same.

Very rare topics have images in opening posts on my site, so when the first image which is usually a meme comes in 3/4 pages later and is thrown into the embed, the topic being linked doesn’t look like a serious one. 

Archived