Twitter Promote, unique OG image

Day_

How are IPS able to use a unique OG image inside twitter cards, this image is nowhere to be seen in the article they are linking to? Is this only available with pages and not the forum app?

If I use the inbuilt twitter promote, it just uploads the image separate and shows the tweet with link rather than display in card format. If I just drop a link into Twitter naturally it uses the default sharer image from the theme.

206126631_ScreenShot2018-06-28at09_17_16.thumb.png.73b369fcecea051568d71aa7b3ab14ae.png

43 minutes ago, dayh said:

Is this only available with pages and not the forum app?

Yes, Pages databases have a “record image field”, which is meant to represent the entry visually and it is used automatically for social media sharing. 

Topics don’t have an image field for that. This might help you though: 

Just now, opentype said:

Yes, Pages databases have a “record image field”, which is meant to represent the entry visually and it is used automatically for social media sharing. 

Ahhh thanks, I did see your plugin but it uses the first post from within a post which I rarely have, so not really what I'm looking for.

If you was able to convert the uploaded image in the promote app to the topic OG image, and the text box entry into the OG description, I would be your first customer ? 

30 minutes ago, opentype said:

Does that have to be an attachment in the post or can you upload your own?

Archived