Automatic Group Changes With Profile Fields

Eric Gallagher

I'd love to be able to set a dropdown option (limited options) for a profile field and have each user be moved into a group based on that choice, which can be changed by them.  I can't seem to find anything that does anything even close to this yet.  Any ideas?  I need it especially for selling ads so that people select a group to advertise to.

1 minute ago, Eric Gallagher said:

I'd love to be able to set a dropdown option (limited options) for a profile field and have each user be moved into a group based on that choice, which can be changed by them.  I can't seem to find anything that does anything even close to this yet.  Any ideas?  I need it especially for selling ads so that people select a group to advertise to.

Try Automation rules by @Kevin Carwile

If I recall it correctly, it's difficult or not possible to handle profile fields properly with  the rules application.

You must use the custom data fields that rules include integrated to be used as variables. I remember trying to set up something similar and it's not easy, not simple and it doesn't always work, but I'm not hte smartest guy ?

How about solution for groups of school grade?

Groups:

Grade 1

Grade 2

Grade 3

and ....

A student when register first time, e.g. he is group of Grade 2, I need some condition that remind user or admin staff at specific time, they have to respond the condition then automatically change to group of Grade 3.

• Because each student will be scale up to next grade after a year, the condition will be a question that need filled by admin staff(or the student fill which is the final test note)
  • Need a condition to fill because maybe some student have not pass the test and will repeat grade in the next year.

On 6/17/2018 at 2:57 PM, Eric Gallagher said:

I'd like to see something like this as well so that if they pick a profile field, they are moved into a certain group.

Archived