Limited posts per user per forum per hour/day

Morgin

Can someone remind me if there is a way to impose posting restricting such that a user gets a certain number of posts on a per sub forum basis with granular timing (periods less than one day). Basically I want to limit users who spam conversations with so many posts it overwhelms the discussions to be limited to X posts an hour in that specific sub forum. Doable?

I thought that I had seen a plugin that would do something similar to what you want, but either I was wrong or perhaps its not compatible with the latest version of IPS.

You cannot do exactly what you want out of the box, the closest you can come to that is specifying a post of content (which includes topics, replies, polls, etc.) per day rule for a member group. You'll find that setting under the ACP -> Members -> Groups -> Content tab -> Posting Limits.

You can also set auto promotion to a less-restrictive group or just allow moderators or admins to adjust the group manually for users.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, it works like that but is group based, not for a specific member. So if you choose Members, all users in this group will have this permission. 

Edit: also it is based in OPEN topics in the period. So if you choose 3, the user will be able to open 3. If you close one of the 3 topics, he will be able to start another one.

Archived