Ignore Feature

Heradite

Hi. Can the ignore feature be updated so that if a user quotes an ignored user then:

1) Make it so that the quote isn't shown to them (like they have to click to see it)

2) Maybe hide the post (be like "this user quoted a user you ignored. would you like to read it?)

Right now a lot of users complain they don't think the ignore feature is useful because other users can quote said user. I must agree with them.

Being the voice of reason here...

The post written by the user that is not ignored (the one that's quoting the ignored users) would then be out of context if you're not also shown what they quoted.

As an addendum to this, can the ignore function be extended for use outside of the forum/core. Thankfully I've got a plugin right now that works for gallery and blogs, but you should be able to ignore a user across the Invision suite by default.

(Sorry, probably slightly off topic).

On 6/5/2018 at 3:17 PM, Aiwa said:

Being the voice of reason here...

The post written by the user that is not ignored (the one that's quoting the ignored users) would then be out of context if you're not also shown what they quoted.

I've always erred towards the idea of "You are ignoring the poster and not the post" when someone has previously asked me (on my site) if it was possible to ignore the quotes....and have used this argument as backup to that. And anything that makes my life easier on my site makes me happier ?

Keeping it in mind...the following will make its way on the MarketPlace over the next day or so (once I've tidied it up a little):

Archived