remote URL uploads?

bearback

I am trying to posting an image using a remote url to upload the image into the post as an attachment, is this possible on 4.3.2 

I know you can attach images using the choose files option and browsing to your images on pc and attach it that way and also use the insert other media to link to a image.

some members don't want to link but have images in mail storage or other places and want to use a remote url to upload thee images. if there's not the option is there a plugin to achieve this.

Thank you 

There is no remote URL upload per say for content items. If you’re using the image proxy the system will go out to a publicly available image and cache it to your server and it will be “saved” for the duration set in your ACP. Otherwise the user would need to save and upload the image. 

3 hours ago, Jennifer M said:

@bearback you can also copy/paste it. As long as it isn't a gif it will work just fine and upload it.

When trying to copy/paste using my iPad and mobile I get a message "you cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images by url "

i will try again on my desktop PCs when home later

12 minutes ago, Jennifer M said:

@bearback that may be a limitation of iOS. This works on PC/MAC though which is how I thought you were trying to do this.

That's all I have available at the moment to try

I will try this on my PC later, thank you for reply this is useful information.

thanks again for your time and help :smile:

copy/paste works, copying from another website/mailbox, storage location etc. but drag and drop only works when dragging images stored on my own PC. does not seem to work when trying to drag and drop an image stored on another website or stored in mail, online storage etc.

Archived