Upgrade to 4.3.1 locked me out..

LinkMania

Hey guys, until 4.2.9 all automatic upgrades went fine but i just tried to update to 4.3.1 and.. the upgrader locked me out.

"The upgrader uses PHP sessions to store data, however PHP sessions are currently not working correctly on your server. This is an issue you will need to contact your host about."

That the heck is this Invision ?

Also cannot login (and anyone else) because:

[Template core/front/global/loginPopup is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme

Is there anyway i can disable the old custom theme from within the linux file system shell ? Thanks.

P.S. Invision.. worst QA ever..

11 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

Hey guys, until 4.2.9 all automatic upgrades went fine but i just tried to update to 4.3.1 and.. the upgrader locked me out.

"The upgrader uses PHP sessions to store data, however PHP sessions are currently not working correctly on your server. This is an issue you will need to contact your host about."

That the heck is this Invision ?

Also cannot login (and anyone else) because:

[Template core/front/global/loginPopup is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme

Is there anyway i can disable the old custom theme from within the linux file system shell ? Thanks.

P.S. Invision.. worst QA ever..

i am guessing when say locked out also can't accress admin cp ? and i had same issue my php sessions stop working but my host did fix it after ip support helping me.

6 minutes ago, Pete T said:

when say locked out also can't accress admin cp ?

Exactly, cannot log to admin either..

3 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Try signin A CP through ...//yourdomain/admin

I cannot. Is there a way i can remove a theme from the shell?

3 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

Exactly, cannot log to admin either..

I cannot. Is there a way i can remove a theme from the shell?

What error having Admin CP because removing theme will not solve admin cp if default theme is out date, but if was custom theme set as default there could be one way using phpMyAdmin but i never tested this.

2 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

[[Template core/admin/system/login is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

to me that don't look like theme error but more upgrade error so looks me the upgrade not be finished so have 4.3.x files but 4.2.9 database could be wrong have looked going back to upgrade path.

2 minutes ago, Pete T said:

to me that don't look like theme error but more upgrade error so looks me the upgrade not be finished so have 4.3.x files but 4.2.9 database could be wrong have looked going back to upgrade path. 

There are changes to many templates in 4.3, so custom themes get these errors.
One tip - before the upgrade 4.3 turn on Admin theme to be the default IPS theme. You will have access after upgrading to ACP via domain/admin

11 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Open phpMyAdmin your database table core_themes

Change column set_is_default for your theme value =0 and ips default theme value = 1

The same in column set_is_acp_default

Thanks, no phpmyadmin but i was able to find ibf_core_themes as a table. Very long stuff in there not sure exactly what to change..

3 minutes ago, Adlago said:

One tip - before the upgrade 4.3 turn on Admin theme to be the default IPS theme.

Well, i am passed that.. i wish i knew that before this horrible upgrade..

8 minutes ago, Adlago said:

There are changes to many templates in 4.3, so custom themes get these errors.
One tip - before the upgrade 4.3 turn on Admin theme to be the default IPS theme. You will have access after upgrading to ACP via domain/admin

yes that correct but i have feeling not theme linked but i could be wrong as had php session issue myself only way get back into admin cp was to fix php issue.

5 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

Thanks, no phpmyadmin but i was able to find ibf_core_themes as a table. Very long stuff in there not sure exactly what to change..

ibf_core_themes in here set key if see what is set as default.

19 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Change column set_is_default for your theme value =0 and ips default theme value = 1

The same in column set_is_acp_default

I managed to change it from the shell mysql client but still no go. Only two themes, the IPS and the custom. Rechecked: the IPS should be default on both main and acp but still same errors.. I evern restarted php-fpm for the cache..

1 minute ago, LinkMania said:

I managed to change it from the shell mysql client but still no go. Only two themes, the IPS and the custom. Rechecked: the IPS should be default on both main and acp but still same errors.. I evern restarted php-fpm for the cache..

then because what said in stuck in upgrade so if went to yourdomain.com/admin/upgrade what does say there ?

4 minutes ago, Pete T said:

then because what said in stuck in upgrade so if went to yourdomain.com/admin/upgrade what does say there ?

It offers me the option to Complete the upgrade and the option to Continue to Admin CP.

If i choose the first one then it stops at the "The upgrader uses PHP sessions to store data, however PHP sessions are currently not working correctly on your server. This is an issue you will need to contact your host about. " error.

If i choose to log in ACP it throws the theme error:

[[Template core/admin/system/login is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

It offers me the option to Complete the upgrade and the option to Continue to Admin CP.

If i choose the first one then it stops at the "The upgrader uses PHP sessions to store data, however PHP sessions are currently not working correctly on your server. This is an issue you will need to contact your host about. " error.

well my two option give to you is option one restore database (should have backup before upgrading) or option two same as ips will say is speak to your host ask them look your php sessions mainly at the session data.

10 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

Try remove all files directory "datastore"

well my two option give to you is option one restore database (should have backup before upgrading)

i have backup database, do not want to restore it.

ips will say is speak to your host ask them look your php sessions mainly at the session data.

I am hosting on my server, sessions were/are fine.

5 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

i have backup database, do not want to restore it.

I am hosting on my server, sessions were/are fine.

I thought the same and then IPS upgraded a test sessions file and it pointed out the issue at time but this how my error started 

We were unable to start a PHP session. You will need to contact your host to adjust your PHP configuration before you can continue. The error reported was: 

that what was when run the upgrade sounds the same as your issue above then in admin cp had this error

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_system::login(), 3 passed in /home/**/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php on line 56 and at least 4 expected (0)
#0 /home/**/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_system->login(Object(IPS\Login), NULL, '4.3.0')
#1 /home/**/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(112): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('login', Array)
#2 /home/**/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->manage()
#3 /home/**/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/**/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Just now, Pete T said:

We were unable to start a PHP session. You will need to contact your host to adjust your PHP configuration before you can continue.

I am hosting the forum. Running php 7.2.5, all auto upgrades (4.2.x) ran fine on all 7.2.x until now. I even tried going back to php 7.2.4 and still same problems..

Wait.. i started another computer (where i was logged in as admin too) and the upgrade process let me continue after failing me two times the IPS login. I checked the networking on server, was fine on both ipv4 and ipv6. Seems to be upgrading now.. what a really really really bad update this 4.3.1 for me.. Thanks a lot for your help guys, you did more than Invision.

6 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

I am hosting the forum. Running php 7.2.5, all auto upgrades (4.2.x) ran fine on all 7.2.x until now. I even tried going back to php 7.2.4 and still same problems..

Wait.. i started another computer (where i was logged in as admin too) and the upgrade process let me continue after failing me two times the IPS login. I checked the networking on server, was fine on both ipv4 and ipv6. Seems to be upgrading now.. what a really really really bad update this 4.3.1 for me.. Thanks a lot for your help guys, you did more than Invision.

yay glad go it working :) 

So you were getting an error about the template being out of date because the upgrader had not been ran completely? That makes sense since templates are updated at the end of the upgrade routine. ?

I'm glad you got it sorted. Don't hesitate to submit a support ticket if you require technical support.

Archived