Member form helper

Adriano Faria

I'm testing a couple of plugins in 4.3.0 and the members fields shows up like that:

Rn3oPSs.png

This is the field.

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Member( 'followers_member', NULL, FALSE ) );

If I set it to be required, it shows "open". I believe this is happening due to the changes made on TAGs, which uses same classes somehow (JS, etc).

Obviously this is not the intended behaviour for the MEMBER field as my field cannot be required.

Can you confirm this is right or wrong? I mean, it will be this way now?

Testing a bit more, it seems that it had some change. I mean, even I choose GROUP above and submit the form, it won't stop even MEMBER being required. If it's like that now, then it's ok.

Can anyone confirm?

-- Beta 3 yet. --

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

This is new in 4.3? I don't remember this before.

No, it's been there a while (I don't remember when it was added exactly). Keep in mind I haven't tested this specific scenario, but we've had issues in the past where a field would throw an error for some reason (required but not filled in, invalid value, etc.) but the field was hidden because it was toggled by another field, so the form just wouldn't submit and the user had no idea why. Thus, we added code in the values() method to ignore fields not currently visible.

• 10 months later...
On 4/13/2018 at 10:30 AM, bfarber said:

No, it's been there a while (I don't remember when it was added exactly). Keep in mind I haven't tested this specific scenario, but we've had issues in the past where a field would throw an error for some reason (required but not filled in, invalid value, etc.) but the field was hidden because it was toggled by another field, so the form just wouldn't submit and the user had no idea why. Thus, we added code in the values() method to ignore fields not currently visible.

Brandon, have this changed on IPS 4.4? I have a required hidden field tied to a YES/NO and I got a error message when I submit the form without fill the field:

eqbWZUa.png

ZElW9Fp.png

Archived