Newsletter Signup Widget

How can I find out more about built in newsletter information. I understand bulk mail but I am seeing a System Widget called Newsletter Signup. If I move that block onto my page it says it needs configuration. Where do I configure this and how does it work?

I was considering one of the newsletter applications on the marketplace but if there is a built in newsletter system I would like to see what it is capable of before investing into one of these applications.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:25 PM, Josiah Wallingford said:

How can I find out more about built in newsletter information. I understand bulk mail but I am seeing a System Widget called Newsletter Signup. If I move that block onto my page it says it needs configuration. Where do I configure this and how does it work?

The only configuration is the text it shows and you change it by clicking “Edit”. There is nothing more to it. The widget does nothing more than what the “news and information” checkbox on this page does: https://invisioncommunity.com/notifications/options/

If you have that checked, you also will not see the widget. It goes away once the user is subscribed. 

Sending the newsletters happens through the bulk mail feature in the ACP. The widget is just meant to encourage people to sign up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 8:09 AM, opentype said:

The only configuration is the text it shows and you change it by clicking “Edit”. There is nothing more to it. The widget does nothing more than what the “news and information” checkbox on this page does: https://invisioncommunity.com/notifications/options/

If you have that checked, you also will not see the widget. It goes away once the user is subscribed. 

Sending the newsletters happens through the bulk mail feature in the ACP. The widget is just meant to encourage people to sign up. 

problem is that it does not have a good message for guests, could have a nicer page and a sign up feature, not a page that looks like an error

Archived