Complicated: Uploading photos from phone to gallery

JTrollerb123

Hi, I'm looking to put an emphasis on user uploaded photos - To create a mini instagram using the theme of my site.  Instagram and also fb are so simple in that regard - You simply hit the upload button, select the photo, and boom its posted.  But the steps required and interface to upload photos are nowhere near simple.  You have all these menus and fields about descriptions, file details, captions, etc etc.  A HUGE barrier for getting lots of photos.  Anyone else see this challenge?  And is there any way to make it more simple with the latest 4.2.7 version?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, JTrollerb123 said:

Hi, I'm looking to put an emphasis on user uploaded photos - To create a mini instagram using the theme of my site.  Instagram and also fb are so simple in that regard - You simply hit the upload button, select the photo, and boom its posted.  But the steps required and interface to upload photos are nowhere near simple.  You have all these menus and fields about descriptions, file details, captions, etc etc.  A HUGE barrier for getting lots of photos.  Anyone else see this challenge?  And is there any way to make it more simple with the latest 4.2.7 version?

Thanks!

Yes, those fields are all optional during photo uploads (except tags if you set a gallery category to require them, which you just wouldn't in this case).

You may also be interested in checking out the changes in 4.3 for Gallery uploading.

1 hour ago, JTrollerb123 said:

Glad to know that the next version will help with all of this. Getting there quickly!  Any ETA on when 4.3 will be released? 

In meantime what do you think about just skinning out the extra stuff? Wouldn’t cause issues would it?

Charles said expect the beta "Soon (tm)" in the 4.3 thread.

Archived