Install

nicks1979

Posted

Hey, guys I been having some issues with the install. I placed the files in my folder and then  I went to install Invision Community forums. The installer had said I had an outdated PHP version. So I updated PHP version to 7, and I no longer can access the site. Here is what was in the apache logs bare with me I'm new.

error_111log.txt

Posted

You are missing a few configuration items on php for starters, use this file here to test your hosting setup for needed items.  You're missing at least mbstring, and maybe more from looking at your error log.

Posted

I have a new problem when trying to convert the database I get this.

Error: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO)
File: /system/Db/Db.php
Line: 116

Posted

Could you give me an example as I ran the php cli.php command only.

I'm not sure what to enter here, as I would need to enter the username password and database name in that php cli.php command?

Posted

I've not actually used that file. Have you opened it to see if there are settings in it for the source database? 

Were you instructed to add any settings to your conf_global. php file or constants. php? 

Posted

Oh, the utf8 converter. 

Does the board function via your browser? You've finished installation? 

cli uses a different version of php. Make sure you have php-cli installed. Should use your existing conf_global.php data for the db connection. 

Posted

Hi Nick,

The UTF8 converter is for upgrades from 3.4 or below, Invision Community 4 requires that data be UTF8.

You will need to install Invision Community before you can convert (it is an application for the platform).

Please take a look at our migration guides, they'll run you through the basics of performing a conversion.: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/getting-started/migrating-from-another-platform/

Posted

Ok I installed the forums as in /new while keeping my forum in the main directory var/www/html/

My question is when I finished the conversion and I go to the new forum to sign in it redirects me to the old site. So do I now install the forum in the main folder?

Archived