Jump to content

Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)


Inlens
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2018 at 8:29 AM, Rhett said:

Gallery and many others all have an option on where to store items, you can use a file system, an S3, FTP, and more.

I have a question in the same lane, and use this topic instead of a new one, and I hope someone could clarify the storagesettings:

On the storage-settings page I have this setting

image.png.ccc13bf68116d12432924af01f96aa13.png

Does that also include videos?

I have several large videos and I don't mind people uploading that, but I would like to have them also on AWS. In a post I see that the link is displayed like this - is that local storage? I can't find any videos in my bucket.

<p>
	<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//www.something.no/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8888">2018-02-03 15.33.24.mp4</a>
</p>

How do I get the videos also to be in AWs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I have a question in the same lane, and use this topic instead of a new one, and I hope someone could clarify the storagesettings:

On the storage-settings page I have this setting

image.png.ccc13bf68116d12432924af01f96aa13.png

Does that also include videos?

I have several large videos and I don't mind people uploading that, but I would like to have them also on AWS. In a post I see that the link is displayed like this - is that local storage? I can't find any videos in my bucket.


<p>
	<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//www.something.no/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8888">2018-02-03 15.33.24.mp4</a>
</p>

How do I get the videos also to be in AWs?

It would depend where they are uploading videos too? a forum attachment? Gallery? Downloads? wherever they are uploading them, you would just set that item to use the S3, in the configuration options.

Storage_Settings_2018-03-01_09-18-38.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Rhett said:

It would depend where they are uploading videos too? a forum attachment? Gallery? Downloads? wherever they are uploading them, you would just set that item to use the S3, in the configuration options.

Yes - it is a forum attachment in a post, and I have the setting to bucket (ref my image). Thats why I don't understand why it is not in the bucket..

Does the code I wrote from the actual post point to AWS or to my server? because on the images in the same link it is a link to AWS, not my server..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Yes - it is a forum attachment in a post, and I have the setting to bucket (ref my image). Thats why I don't understand why it is not in the bucket..

Does the code I wrote from the actual post point to AWS or to my server? because on the images in the same link it is a link to AWS, not my server..

If it's an attachment, and you have attachments set to use AWS, then it's on AWS, the code you linked to is not the file path, but a link to our software that will serve the attachment, no matter where the core storage location is.

applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8888

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rhett said:

If it's an attachment, and you have attachments set to use AWS, then it's on AWS, the code you linked to is not the file path, but a link to our software that will serve the attachment, no matter where the core storage location is.

Thanks. The problem found. I could not find the video in my bucket. Realised after a while that the sort by size only worked for the first page with 300 images on AWS.. I had 1300 images in that single month, so I found it the bucket on some other page there when sorting by size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...