Post sorting in topics 1.0.0

Faqole

This looks like a nice feature for my premium group users!

But I don't understand the filtering option, can you elaborate on it? Also, as far as I can see this is per topic setting, not a global one, right? I can have in one forum 5 topics with reversed order and the others with default?

15 hours ago, jair101 said:

This looks like a nice feature for my premium group users!

But I don't understand the filtering option, can you elaborate on it? Also, as far as I can see this is per topic setting, not a global one, right? I can have in one forum 5 topics with reversed order and the others with default?

Yes sir, that is correct. It is a per topic setting, not a global one.

9 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

When I select only specific forums the option does not display. It only works when I set this option for every forum with the checkbox ticked.

I don't think this is intended, is it?

Best regards,

Phil

No, it is not intended. I will look into it this afternoon and let you know.

20 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

When I select only specific forums the option does not display. It only works when I set this option for every forum with the checkbox ticked.

I don't think this is intended, is it?

Best regards,

Phil

That option for all forums was causing the issue. I removed it and now you can select individual forums. Please re download the plugin again. Thank you for reporting this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Phil7789 said:

One question came to my mind: Is it possible to force-set the order for a specific topic? I want to use it e.g. for changelogs, would be nice if the newest one would be on top by default

I add dates such as 2018-01-10 that will force chronological order if sort by topic title.  

If you're adventurous, you can read the IPS Guide on using Pages where @Rikki walks you through building a Release Notes section where you get a fancy changelog like IPS.  

Nope, I just want to change the sorting order for just ONE topic. That is my "problem". I could do that for the whole forum, but I have other topics there, which need to keep the chronological order.

Best thing will be that I use this plugin and tell the users that they can change the sorting order if they want to do so, I guess.

Archived