Banning Member Question

Allen Bradford

Despite a reasonably active Board I rarely Ban Members. And I haven't since converting to IPB. Typically, removing Posting Priviliges and sometimes disabling Messaging capability sends a strong enough message.

Ive noticed when deciding to Ban a Member you are given a choice of time frame for Ban or Indefinitely, and can move them to a different group. The last field shows IPS addresses. The first choice is 0 items and then a list of ISP addresses. If a long term Member as in many years that list of ISP addresses can be extremely long, I lost count at over 100 addresses for a particular Member.

Question: Can you leave it at 0 items and still successfully Ban that Member, or do you have to choose the first few in list, more, or all ISP addresses to Ban this Member?

I have noticed one thing about the Suspended/Banning function. If an Admin sets a suspension date/time for the suspension/ban to end and then you try and edit that Ban....you can change the date and the time for it to expire but you can't simply clear that date and time and end the Suspension. You hit Clear and nothing happens. You can click the indefinite Ban box and save which eliminates the date/time but Bans indefinately. You can then edit Ban again and click off indefinite and Suspension/Ban has been lifted. Seems convoluted. This is on my iPad, haven't tried it on my desktop IMac. 

3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

You can clear it if you can see the indicated items below:

image.thumb.png.2c8753bc5b3949148bd5d2489b9468a1.png

Those x's do not show up in my fields on a suspended Member. I haven't upgraded to the latest 4.2.6 so not sure if that was added on for that update. Or there is a glitch using an iPad or a Browser. I may send in a Ticket.

Archived