Unexplainable login problems?

LiquidFractal

Has anyone ever had problems (either themselves or with members) logging in to an Invision site, even when you know you've entered the correct password?

I just had this happen with a test account.  I entered the name and password (from a saved record of passwords, so I know it's correct) and got bumped to the incorrect login screen.  Double-checked the password, entered it a second time, got another incorrect.  The third time apparently was the charm, as the account logged in.  But what gives?

Has anyone else had this problem?  Does it have something to do with that account logging in from a VPN (which it did)?

3 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Has anyone ever had problems (either themselves or with members) logging in to an Invision site, even when you know you've entered the correct password?

I just had this happen with a test account.  I entered the name and password (from a saved record of passwords, so I know it's correct) and got bumped to the incorrect login screen.  Double-checked the password, entered it a second time, got another incorrect.  The third time apparently was the charm, as the account logged in.  But what gives?

Has anyone else had this problem?  Does it have something to do with that account logging in from a VPN (which it did)?

This could be "Check IP Address when validating session" or "Trust IP addresses provided by proxies", IIRC.

Archived