Auto-join clubs

Matthew Theobald

I'm looking for a feature where upon registration members are put into 'default' clubs to get themselves started.

What I effectively want to do is put people into clubs straight away so they can start using them and become aware of their functionality.

Also to be able to personal message them upon sign-up to inform them they they are already members.

A little bit like reddit where when you join you're already seeing content from default subreddits.

8 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Interesting. I can add this to my plugin: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8604-clubs-enhancements/

That would be very much appreciated! I've got a gaming chat forum and I want people who sign up to be included in gaming clubs as soon as they start. I think it'll be nice to get people involved in communities from the get-go.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'll take a look; not sure it will work since it is a plugin. Better if it was an app.

The problem here is that the users will be a member club right after create the account but if you delete the account (validation purpose), I would need to remove the user from the club too.

I never personally delete accounts but I can see why the functionality would need to be there. I would have thought the account would be wiped entirely if deleted and wouldn't stay inside the club regardless. I thought the only way the member of the club could be removed otherwise would be through leaving, removal by moderation/administration or possibly being moved into the banned member group.

Archived