Reputation availability per forum

Dexter_X

Hi,

I would like to suggest the give reputation points possibility may be disabled per forum. This restriction is useful to allow users give reputation only on technical subjects of a community, avoiding general talk or jokes reputation points that will not be representative about the users real skills regarding the community main subject.

Thankyou,
Z

On ‎01‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 9:27 AM, Zorro_X said:

There are some "side effects" on this module

Only to let you know, some of my users found a way to trick the 'reputation per forum' app.

Not sure how they did it and they didn't let us know...

Luckily, these were only very few users and finally we banned them. :p

22 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Only to let you know, some of my users found a way to trick the 'reputation per forum' app.

Not sure how they did it and they didn't let us know...

Luckily, these were only very few users and finally we banned them. :p

The module seems to use a core function to disable reputation on selected forums.

It seems the core has not been conceived in a way that supports reputation per forum as it should. It looks like only the visual aspects of reputation are disabled. So if you call the right request as the buttons where there, the trick may work (not tested).

13 hours ago, Cyboman said:

They are probably "voting" via URL. Example: invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/426370-new-topic-rules/?do=reactComment&comment=2721690&reaction=3&csrfKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If I recall, I just disabled the button from appearing; the new dev must put a condition in the controller to avoid that.

On 01/12/2017 at 6:27 AM, Zorro_X said:

There are some "side effects" on this module : the reputation points are not displayed for the posts in the disabled forums but the first of each page is displayed...

it is a little disturbing... :blink:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I don't the reactions in first post:

Then I saw your review:

After taking a closer look, there is a "side effect" : the reputation level is not displayed for the users in the disabled forums but the first ones of each page... it is a little confusing... :blink:
(I'm talking about the points amount displayed on user's profile on the side of each post, not the buttons that are correctly unavailable for all the posts)

Then you misunderstood the purpose of this plugin. It is, as stated, to DISABLE the ability to give reputation points in specific forums, not hide the amount of repuation a member has.

On 08.12.2017 at 1:05 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Then you misunderstood the purpose of this plugin. It is, as stated, to DISABLE the ability to give reputation points in specific forums, not hide the amount of repuation a member has.

Yes you're right, the distrurbing thing is that on a page, as shown in your video, only the first user's post displays its reputation points but not the others, do you see what I mean ? Take a closer look on the left side of your video after disabling reputation : keeprockloud has reputation points displayed, but not Adriano. 

It is just a bit confusing...

Archived