Members Shop ( Support Topic )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Mark Spieker said:

In the members shop, I want users to be able to exchange their points for a downloadable file. I'm not seeing an option for that. Am I just missing it?

All the actions tied to Downloads application are these stated in the file description:

• Downloads ( IPDownloads must be installed for these features but is not required to run / use the app )
    • Allow your members to earn points for uploading files
    • Allow the file uploader to earn points for each download received from their file
    • Allow your members to earn points by reviewing files
    • Allow your members to earn points for commenting on files
    • You can set different amounts of points for each category in the downloads section
    • Allow your members to charge points to other users for downloading their files
    • Charge a % in commission to take for each point paid file download

• 2 weeks later...

@Adriano FariaInclusion of the Members Shop on a site could become quite integral to a site's continued success.

If a feature suddenly disappears or is altered, it could adversely affect a finely tuned implementation.

With IPS and the PHP developers adding, changing and deprecating functionality at a steady pace. One wonders how that might affect the Members Shop codebase you took over just over a year ago. 

Do you anticipate having to rewrite portions of the code to ensure the product will continue to work in the coming year or two?

If so, do you have a high confidence level that any such changes will not substantively alter or break existing functionality in such a manner it might adversely impact a site?

I'm trying to design a rather complex site and Members Shop could prove to be a huge value add. That is likely to be the case for everyone that has or will purchase the app. 

A Members Shop implementation will likely be pretty much set in stone, as such, one wonders how likely one might be faced with a release that materially affects said implementation?

Launching a site only to have to revamp it could prove the downfall of a site.  As such, I'm sure your customers would appreciate ample heads up if such an occurrence is even remotely possible and to work with your customer base to find ways to minimize the negative impacts such a release might cause.

This is an app your customers are quite invested in, as such they will want it to have a very long lifespan.

The world is becoming increasingly unpredictable, and you might find yourself in a position where you can no longer continue to maintain this app or your many others. It would be nice to have some plan in place to gracefully hand your apps over to an equally talented developer or developers, if the need suddenly arises.

Thanks for all that you do!

Edited by Chris Anderson
1 hour ago, Chris Anderson said:

@Adriano FariaInclusion of the Members Shop on a site could become quite integral to a site's continued success.

If a feature suddenly disappears or is altered, it could adversely affect a finely tuned implementation.

With IPS and the PHP developers adding, changing and deprecating functionality at a steady pace. One wonders how that might affect the Members Shop codebase you took over just over a year ago. 

Do you anticipate having to rewrite portions of the code to ensure the product will continue to work in the coming year or two?

If so, do you have a high confidence level that any such changes will not substantively alter or break existing functionality in such a manner it might adversely impact a site?

I'm trying to design a rather complex site and Members Shop could prove to be a huge value add. That is likely to be the case for everyone that has or will purchase the app. 

A Members Shop implementation will likely be pretty much set in stone, as such, one wonders how likely one might be faced with a release that materially affects said implementation?

Launching a site only to have to revamp it could prove the downfall of a site.  As such, I'm sure your customers would appreciate ample heads up if such an occurrence is even remotely possible and to work with your customer base to find ways to minimize the negative impacts such a release might cause.

This is an app your customers are quite invested in, as such they will want it to have a very long lifespan.

The world is becoming increasingly unpredictable, and you might find yourself in a position where you can no longer continue to maintain this app or your many others. It would be nice to have some plan in place to gracefully hand your apps over to an equally talented developer or developers, if the need suddenly arises.

Thanks for all that you do!

Hello,

Just like any other resource I developed or is supported by me, will have the development continued. Nothing has changed. 

Hello,

I'm having a significant issue on my forum regarding Members Shop Goals plugin.
I'v made a rule that any user is rewarded 100 points for uploading avatar on their profile.
Waking up next day i saw that many users had their points account filled up to the 6000 points, many of them had never uploaded avatar nor been online since 2009.
I was forced to restore memers shop database tables from backup

Can you resolve this issue?

Best regards,
adik

15 minutes ago, adik said:

Hello,

I'm having a significant issue on my forum regarding Members Shop Goals plugin.
I'v made a rule that any user is rewarded 100 points for uploading avatar on their profile.
Waking up next day i saw that many users had their points account filled up to the 6000 points, many of them had never uploaded avatar nor been online since 2009.
I was forced to restore memers shop database tables from backup

Can you resolve this issue?

Best regards,
adik

I already have another issue in Goals. Will take a look at this too. New version soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 2:43 AM, HDiddy said:

Just adding this to the bugs thread I PMd to Adriano.

Basically The specific issue we are having has to do with using points to purchase downloads.  We are a game modding community where we use the Points system as a currency to download mods.  Every user has the ability to set their own price point for mods.  What we are finding is that when a Member up loads a new mod the first person to download it pays the points price for the mod.  After which all other members can download the item freely without any points being deducted from their bank.  Not sure what is specifically causing the issue but it has been going on for maybe a few months now.

Hey,

Just trying to see if this issue is being worked or resolved as it has been pending for a while now. The main reason we use the app is to allow people to use points to download files, and this feature doesn't work.

2 hours ago, HDiddy said:

Hey,

Just trying to see if this issue is being worked or resolved as it has been pending for a while now. The main reason we use the app is to allow people to use points to download files, and this feature doesn't work.

It is. This is a huge resource and unfortunately there’s more people than you with problems with it. Follow the file and you will know when the new version is uploaded. 

Another reason for it is taking long is that I have other 200 resources that deserves some attention/updated and requires support too so this one is not more important than any other to me. 

EDIT: I’ll check if your issue is already fixed in my list and will release a “subversion” on my board so people can use it with some fixes already and then release here on IPS the final when it’s ready. I’ll take a look during weekend. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
16 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It is. This is a huge resource and unfortunately there’s more people than you with problems with it. Follow the file and you will know when the new version is uploaded. 

Another reason for it is taking long is that I have other 200 resources that deserves some attention/updated and requires support too so this one is not more important than any other to me. 

EDIT: I’ll check if your issue is already fixed in my list and will release a “subversion” on my board so people can use it with some fixes already and then release here on IPS the final when it’s ready. I’ll take a look during weekend. 

CHeers. Appreciate It.

• 3 months later...
On 3/31/2022 at 2:16 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Hi any ETA on this? I didn't see any updates on your board so just wondering if a fix will be coming.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 1:36 PM, EmpireKicking said:

IS it me or that the domain.com//membersshop/statistics/ page is just not loading up. Everything else is fine just that page ;( Meaning takes forever to load then comes back as 500 error or failed. 

Also where is setting for members to see bank? 

On 11/30/2021 at 9:55 PM, HDiddy said:

LOL not just you.  That has not been working right for a while now.  I completely forgot about it.

Is this still a problem?

On 11/30/2021 at 1:36 PM, EmpireKicking said:

Also where is setting for members to see bank? 

ACP -> System -> Applications -> click in Members Shop to expand and display the public modules -> Members Bank -> padlock.

On 7/13/2021 at 6:43 AM, HDiddy said:

What we are finding is that when a Member up loads a new mod the first person to download it pays the points price for the mod.  After which all other members can download the item freely without any points being deducted from their bank.  Not sure what is specifically causing the issue but it has been going on for maybe a few months now.

Is this still a problem?

On 7/13/2021 at 6:43 AM, HDiddy said:

Just adding this to the bugs thread I PMd to Adriano.

Basically The specific issue we are having has to do with using points to purchase downloads.  We are a game

modding community where we use the Points system as a currency to download mods.  Every user has the ability to set their own price point for mods.  What we are finding is that when a Member up loads a new mod the first person to download it pays the points price for the mod.  After which all other members can download the item freely without any points being deducted from their bank.  Not sure what is specifically causing the issue but it has been going on for maybe a few months now.

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Is this still a problem?

Nevermind. Fixed.