Add a way to filter validating members in APC

Hello.

1. Now there is one "Validating" tab in ACP for all validating members regardless of reason of getting that status and there is no way to filter only members which are must be approved manually.

I suggest to create separate tab for them, "NOT APPROVED" for example. Or add a search filter which allows us to see only members which needs to be approved manually.

validating.thumb.jpg.7490fedb7256a8375660e181b779ae2f.jpg

2. Also there is need for a way to get notifications about new members which needs to be approved manually.

@Nathan Explosion, i know, but this is not what i've suggested. I have no manual validation for all users. I have normal register procedure with e-mail link, and validation used only for users which are potential spammers. So in this case this option will send a lot of useless notifications while i need notifications about users in manual approval queue only.

@Mr 13, be thankful that you even have ANY selections or choices for notification when there's a validating member. It's kind of pointless to add a specific setting that can be treated to each validating member. You're making this more complicated than it is. There is no way to differentiate individual members who are validating. Just set your validation to where new members must validate within 3 days or their validating account is "null and void". I don't want a setting where each validating member has to be set differently for notifying the admin, not unless you want to make validating members more complicated than it already is.

@Nathan Explosion gave you pointers on how to receive notifications. Long as you have multiple anti-spam options enabled, you don't have any worries of any spammers getting through. For instance, I use IPS' Anti-Spam System, Stop Forum Spam, Anti-Spam IPS4, AutoIT Anti-Spam, Question and Answer, reCaptcha, key-Captcha and more. While spammers try to register, these various addons and services stop spammers dead in their tracks when it comes to my community. For Q&A registration, do NOT use easy questions like 'what is 2+2". This is why Spammers often get through and use multiple methods to stop spammers.

@Rheddy in your case suggested features won't affect you in any way, so just don't worry about it.

@IPS Team please don't be silent if suggestion is described is not not clear enough, just give a feedback if you're understood what i mean or if i should describe it in more detail.

Archived