Social Media Promotion Permissions - Little confusing

The Old Man

In the Social Media Promotion AdminCP page, a message says:

You have enabled promotion services, but you do not have permission to promote. You can add permissions via the Permissions tab.

Odd methinks, I'm an Admin, so normally I have all permissions by default. Clicking on the Permissions tab shows another message:

The following groups all have permission: Administrators

Hmm, mixed messages. Somewhat confusing. :cry: :)

Does it mean I have permission in IPS as an Administrator but not in any admin permissions to promote in the social media apps? 

It is a mislead error message. You have a full permission to promote any content if you are a member of Administrator group. I am currently working with Facebook page promotion before discovering this misconception too.

About linking the community official facebook page / twitter account into social promote option in ACP, I resolve this by creating a separate administrator account in the community who is only able to manage this social promote option in ACP, then link the facebook page business account / twitter account into that admin account. (for Facebook, it require to submit approval to Facebook developer team to grant a graph API permission for this feature too) I agree with you that the guide below is a bit confusing and I have to configure this mostly by myself.

Archived