Recalculate content count

MDPP

You can do it for individual members with Members > (click name) > click "Recount" next to "Content items".

I don't believe it's possible to recount everybody's, though. If you search "recount" in the ACP and then click on the appropriate result, you get the message "The search result is a per-members setting."

15 hours ago, Meddysong said:

You can do it for individual members with Members > (click name) > click "Recount" next to "Content items".

When you click hthis Recount link, there is a pop up asking for confirmation. The options there are Cancel, Yes or Recount for all members. Select tht last option and monitor pprogress in the ACP dashboard.

• 3 months later...

Why CONTENT COUNT remained unchanged after i deleted member's content from community at all?

I made in AdminCP: Counts > Content Items > 4 > Recount > Yes and nothing... the same quantity. The member have only 2 messages and why still "4" points of the CONTENT COUNT?

5a26a7ad0c984_Opera_2017-12-05_205745_www_o9c4_com.thumb.png.dbbdf38a3542838a472d0f5640faf56f.png

Goal: Do IPS can add Counts option to Recount Content Items depending on the available content in community?

img-2017-12-05-21-11-49.thumb.png.4c403c386c3c1a83e878a00499a9c25d.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 3:09 PM, O9C4 said:

Why CONTENT COUNT remained unchanged after i deleted member's content from community at all?

I made in AdminCP: Counts > Content Items > 4 > Recount > Yes and nothing... the same quantity. The member have only 2 messages and why still "4" points of the CONTENT COUNT?

5a26a7ad0c984_Opera_2017-12-05_205745_www_o9c4_com.thumb.png.dbbdf38a3542838a472d0f5640faf56f.png

Goal: Do IPS can add Counts option to Recount Content Items depending on the available content in community?

img-2017-12-05-21-11-49.thumb.png.4c403c386c3c1a83e878a00499a9c25d.png

Do you solved it?

l have same problem. I deleted user content, but now the reccount don,t modify the number with the correct content.

8 hours ago, pequeno said:

Do you solved it?

l have same problem. I deleted user content, but now the reccount don,t modify the number with the correct content.

First thing is involvement: No matter how much content still on the community from the member, he already spent his time to the board and even content was deleted, he gave his time to your site, so the CONTENT COUNT should remain unchanged.

But another point is content value: if the content was deleted, then it has no value at all and the CONTENT COUNT should be reduced.

How to resolve this contradictory task?

@pequeno yes, i know and that is what my request about. But there is a contrariety: User already done 27 content items for your community, its like he already paid - he spent the time, even you don't like it. How can you return spent time to user, i mean deleted 10 posts? I think system based on this logic, isn't it @Matt?

On the other hand, the value of user's content is low, useless or generally spam. That way i want to recount CONTENT COUNT too, and you can do it manually throught AdminCP, but its not comfortable to do that way in the automatic and AI era.

3 hours ago, O9C4 said:

First thing is involvement: No matter how much content still on the community from the member, he already spent his time to the board and even content was deleted, he gave his time to your site, so the CONTENT COUNT should remain unchanged.

But another point is content value: if the content was deleted, then it has no value at all and the CONTENT COUNT should be reduced.

How to resolve this contradictory task?

That depends what you want to measure using content count. Do you want to measure time spent or currently available and still valuable resources?
I personally would keep the former, but I see reasons for doing regular recounts.

Then we need updated system:

1. Switch to auto-recount feature in the AdminCP (automatic recount, if the admin has deleted the content).
  2. Engine algorythm, preventing the accrual of CC (CONTENT COUNT) for the same content (to ignore spam).

3 hours ago, O9C4 said:

It seems Recount button not working at all

This is the question. In my case, don´t "recount" the items. Is only for me or for other people? !!!

When I use the recount button, and If I deleted user content, the items should show the real content?

I've tested it, and effectively, when you use the recount button, it returns the number of items it had, even if they were deleted.
I really do not understand this way of working.
Content that is not valid for the community is deleted, for example spam. I should not count by default.

Archived