Only ONE Specific Question about Clubs

gabs007

Sorry if I'm repeating something already dealt with, but I'm preparing to upgrade to 4.2 and I have a clear idea of what I want to do with clubs, but since I can't test clubs I was wondering if you could help with one specific question

1. ¿ Can you create a club so that anybody  registered (obviously not the guest user) can read the information and reply or post without joining the club ? Ok, what I mean is that I want to have all the clubs to work like subforums. 
Or let me ask in a different way .....   is enrollment to the group always mandatory in order to post/reply create a topic ?

2. IF 1st question is "No", let me ask a 2nd question. ^_^   Can you allow by default a group to be able to read/write in a club when you create it ? I don't care if you need admin permissions for that, since my clubs will be created by the administrator. For example, creating a group that allows  creating topics & replies to all members of a the "member group". 

Public 
Everyone can see the club and its posts, and can participate without joining.

Open 
Everyone can see the club and its posts, but only members can participate. Everyone can join.

Closed 
Everyone can see the club and who's in it, but only members can see posts and participate. Users need to ask a leader to join.

Private 
Only members can find the club and see its posts. Users need to be invited by a leader to join.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing you can do is install a test/forum board and test out the Clubs feature for yourself before opening it to your community. This is what I do before making a certain new feature "LIVE".

On 8/17/2017 at 4:41 AM, gabs007 said:

Sorry if I'm repeating something already dealt with, but I'm preparing to upgrade to 4.2 and I have a clear idea of what I want to do with clubs, but since I can't test clubs I was wondering if you could help with one specific question

1. ¿ Can you create a club so that anybody  registered (obviously not the guest user) can read the information and reply or post without joining the club ? Ok, what I mean is that I want to have all the clubs to work like subforums. 
Or let me ask in a different way .....   is enrollment to the group always mandatory in order to post/reply create a topic ?

2. IF 1st question is "No", let me ask a 2nd question. ^_^   Can you allow by default a group to be able to read/write in a club when you create it ? I don't care if you need admin permissions for that, since my clubs will be created by the administrator. For example, creating a group that allows  creating topics & replies to all members of a the "member group". 

So far as I can tell from my use of clubs, access in terms of GROUPS is all or nothing. Meaning you can set permissions for a group to have access to clubs or not. But within the specific clubs that get created the permissions are only the private/closed/open/public options. I have not found a way to have one club "public" for "members" and a different club be public for "VIP Members" only. 

Archived