Podcast Application

Josiah Wallingford

I would really like to see a podcasting application similar to VideoBox but for audio. I currently use BluBrry plugin for WordPress and would love to have those features in IPS. I see a lot of posts in the forums about podcasts but nobody seems to have created an application for them yet.

This would be great for community created podcasts where members could start their own podcast.

Another feature that would be great is the ability to add a video to each podcast episode in case that podcast also has a video version.

• 4 weeks later...

My application is slightly different in that it is dedicated strictly to Podcasting, and will provide feeds so that the Podcasts can be submitted directly to places like iTunes so people can subscribe directly through the iTunes Store, listen via a podcast specific application, or listen directly on the site. :) 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Awesome, congratulations! I hope video gets supported in the future. We do both audio and video podcasts.

It's on my list. :) The player I use in the application supports Video as well, as far as I know, so it's just a matter of research - the application supports iTunes feeding, so that also needs to be taken into account when looking at audio versus video.

Archived