Who Viewed the Topic

Who Viewed the Topic

Track and display members that have viewed topics!
Pop-up modal and widget options!

wvttd_5.jpg.9f221742a182db1160208c7d6ba52ce4.jpgwvttd_6.jpg.f62b15d6c2cca8469f694498b924583a.jpg

wvttd_9.thumb.jpg.16979f54a6ba13936cda3c0a6810207c.jpg

This is the long-delayed enhanced update to Topic Viewed by Users. New stuff includes...

• Configurable number-per-page in the pop-up modal. Somewhat limited for now as this is going to get some upgrades in the near-term.
  • Option to not display the pop-up modal button if you are using widgets instead.
  • New widget display!
  • Widget can display avatars, names, or group-formatted names!
  • IPS style widgets (as formatted by your theme) or a "Spartan" option which is just a simple gray box.
  • Avatars configurable to display at three standard IPS sizes: tiny, mini, and small.
  • Configurable limit to the number of members that will display in the widgets. Viewers over the limit get summed up and appended as a count i.e. "and 29 more..."
  • This is a standard IPS widget - stick it on the top, bottom or sidebar.

wvtt_tophorz.thumb.jpg.b9ba17f93654976f76f21251b7e0cb31.jpg

wvtt_bttmhorz_placing.thumb.jpg.10021b2138707163b77befeb1b75ed3a.jpg

wvtt_bttmhorz.thumb.jpg.5b52ea950a0471c53b817ff92808f1c7.jpg

Notes:

This is a re-write of the original plugin. The database tables are different so that data will not be read or written to. Consider this an entirely separate plugin and you are starting from scratch. You should probably uninstall the other plugin as well.

This is a vanilla cached widget. That means it respects the cache time you have set in the ACP under System - Settings - Advanced Configuration and will only change the display of who viewed based on that. Default is 5 minutes.

On installation there will be no data for the widget to read until you get people viewing the topics from that point forward. Also, the initial addition of a widget to a page probably kicks off the cache timer on the widget. Give it a few minutes before the widgets begin to display data.

When you move a widget around on the page, the data in the widget gets "lost". Once you save the widget position, just refresh the page afterwards and you'll be good to go again.

All Astronauts is Flitterkill. I'm just moving my IPS stuff away from my active community accounts.

Renewals:

$5 to buy, $5 a year but really you can skip the renews in general. Punch the renew ticket after a year if there are IPS changes that require this to be updated, or I add new features, or you feel like buying me a beer.

Large modal:
wvttd_7.jpg.eadd8a93e0290755190d2d0e17930084.thumb.jpg.0706be08363042742a327e0c48182369.jpg

Tighter modal:
wvtttiny.thumb.PNG.a4f675c1c8e2ec7c0c98487b7c9b4a85.PNG

Works with 4.2 onward. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have just bought this product and could you tell me how I fix the button layout so that it looks like a button please:

599177ea3dffa_036.jpg.e7370489626c9f4010ef62103561f719.jpg

I know I need to change ipsButton_link to ipsButton_important but do not know where the code is located?

Thanks for your help :)

Version 5 released.

• Added option to place button on top of comments, below comments, or both locations.

bottom.thumb.PNG.a1a873513dccfc235a69122144987a3d.PNG

If you have moderator powers you'll have to live with the stacked appearance. The html structure that contains the moderator action button is only generated if you have moderator privs, so I can't just add the button there as it would never show to anyone without those privs. If you don't have mod privs it will look just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Having an issue where avatars displayed by this plugin are taking over my RSS->Facebook posts. The OG Image seems to be replaced with the first avatar in the plugin vs the first image in the thread. Help! I absolutely love this but social interaction decreased from people seeing my face instead of engaging images.

I've tested this theory in full using the FB Sharing Debug tool:

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theskylounge.tv%2Ftopic%2F7034-hahn-air-ultimate-cockpit-movie-3-3-multicam-full-atc-to-d%C3%BCsseldorf-airclips-full-flight-series%2F

BEFORE:

56VcOlw.png

PLUGIN DISABLED:

OhuNn9O.png

Perhaps an option to move it after the thread, between first post and second post?

Edited by TheSkyLounge.tv

Which is just so damned strange. There isn't any reason for it to do that just because of this plugin.

On the page itself, there is just that button - and, you *must* click it before it loads any of the who viewed data - just viewing the topic that data is not there.

So that leaves the underlying code hooks. One just says hey, if someone is viewing this topic write to a database field they are viewed this, the other is only called when you click the button to get that list of viewers.

So damned odd...

Let me play with this on my end, I doubt I need to Facebook it up as I can just look at the RSS feed directly and see what's up. If the image is not included (or is correct) in the RSS then this going to be something out of my hands - though it may be with the Zapier thing you have crafted. 

Going out for Greek food in a bit but I'll give this a look over when I get back. If you can, could you PM me the specific Zapier app (or custom code you are using there), and I may later need ACP access to debug this correctly (if this is solvable on my end)

(Sorry, this is AA, doing other account stuff today)

Edited by Expeditiary
2 minutes ago, Expeditiary said:

Which is just so damned strange. There isn't any reason for it to do that just because of this plugin.

On the page itself, there is just that button - and, you *must* click it before it loads any of the who viewed data - just viewing the topic that data is not there.

So that leaves the underlying code hooks. One just says hey, if someone is viewing this topic write to a database field they are viewed this, the other is only called when you click the button to get that list of viewers.

So damned odd...

Let me play with this on my end, I doubt I need to Facebook it up as I can just look at the RSS feed directly and see what's up. If the image is not included (or is correct) in the RSS then this going to be something out of my hands - though it may be with the Zapier thing you have crafted. 

Going out for Greek food in a bit but I'll give this a look over when I get back. If you can, could you PM me the specific Zapier app (or custom code you are using there), and I may later need ACP access to debug this correctly (if this is solvable on my end)

(Sorry, this is AA, doing other account stuff today)

Incorrect, you don't have to click a button at all to view the avatars, not if you have the widget enabled, they are just, there.

Here is a URL that exists in the current RSS feed:  http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/7037-ai-aircraft-combat/

Here is how facebook posted it:

hFZOnaV.png

At the facebook sharing debugger link, it showed the same image as above, until i disabled the plugin, and hit the "SCRAPE AGAIN" option. At which time it changed to this:

XPzsvA5.png

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theskylounge.tv%2Ftopic%2F7037-ai-aircraft-combat%2F

-e

5 minutes ago, All Astronauts said:

Where do you have the widget at - side bar or top/bottom of page? Also, the widget is using avatars and not names?

top of the page, avatars not names.

3x31MGM.png

Move the widget to the sidebar or the bottom.  Now that you posted the above, which included the word "scrape"..., I'm 99% positive the problem is the scrape, not me.

I'm signed up at your site so I'll see when you've done it. (also, if you have any control in excluding certain page elements from being scraped, you might be able to keep the widget up top)

Edited by All Astronauts

widget on side, rss no longer feeding avatar image as OG IMAGE, now correct to first image in post:

PfuHgl0.png

8 minutes ago, All Astronauts said:

Move the widget to the sidebar or the bottom.  Now that you posted the above, which included the word "scrape"..., I'm 99% positive the problem is the scrape, not me.

I'm signed up at your site so I'll see when you've done it. (also, if you have any control in excluding certain page elements from being scraped, you might be able to keep the widget up top)

no control, its web protocol lol. 

Any widget up there with an image in it (like a Gallery feed) would have triggered this problem. I'll experiment with the widget up top and the IPS RSS but I'm pretty sure it's the scrape not going for the first image in the first Article element on the page (which would be the first post). If this is a recent problem it may be related to IPS mucking about with the metatag json stuff breaking the scraper in some way.

Edited by All Astronauts
  • 5 weeks later...

I have a slight problem with this. If I enable the bottom button I get an error:

[[Template core/global/plugins/whoReadTheTopic does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've tried reinstalling, running the support tool and waiting the obligatory 15 minutes 'cos I'm CiC

It's not a big problem, using the top button it works fine and I'm more than happy with that. Thanks for another excellent plugin!