Who Viewed the Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two problems.

1.  There is same member multiple times in the widget (1st picture). Closed community and only 50 members. No guests.

Plugin settings should be fine? (2nd picture)

2. Can't save blank English translation (3rd picture). When I save empty English fields it returns translations back.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Edited by JussiS
  • 4 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Who Viewed the Blog peoples!

No need for another support topic as the baseline code is pretty much the same.

Looking to backport some of the new stuff into Who Viewed the Topic - overlapped avatars for one - but what you would think would be a simple job to move over the code and make it compatible with blogs turned into a multi day job so I'm going to clear my head of this stuff for awhile at least - that and let the blogs version settle in first before coming back around to WVTT.

Was wondering though, is anyone really using WVTT as a sidebar widget? The code is a little hacky to get this stuff to work as widgets and I wouldn't mind all that much being able to ditch that in favor of template inserted blocks. Either under the last post on the page, or just after the topic header area.

9 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

Was wondering though, is anyone really using WVTT as a sidebar widget? The code is a little hacky to get this stuff to work as widgets and I wouldn't mind all that much being able to ditch that in favor of template inserted blocks. Either under the last post on the page, or just after the topic header area.

I use a widget just below the page header. Will you remove this?

20 minutes ago, Koper74 said:

Are you planning "Who Viewed the Page" also? 

Yeah... Right while I was wrapping WVTB up I thought... yeah...

It will be more along the lines of who viewed the database record though (using the provided Articles db that ships with IPS Pages this would be the equivalent of who viewed an article). Plain vanilla custom pages (no db involved) might be trickier (read: I would have to do new things) but I honestly haven't looked.

The pile of work keeps growing, it'll happen when it happens.

12 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

It will be more along the lines of who viewed the database record though (using the provided Articles db that ships with IPS Pages this would be the equivalent of who viewed an article).

That's exactly what I meant - however, we would like to have this for all data base records, and not just for Articles_DB. ?