Banner Advertising "where to place code"

CaptJeff

Here is what I would like to do.  Hope someone can tell me how to accomplish.

I have created 4 side bar advertising locations.  I have placed them at the bottom of my side bar.  They are called LowerAD, LowerAD1, LowerAD2 and so on.  So I understand the basic (very basic) process.

I would like to create a banner location that is specific to pages.  For example.

I would like to create a custom banner location that appears on all the Index pages.  I would like a custom placement for the Index Headder and the Index Footer.

I  would like to create a custom banner location that appears on the Forum pages.  I would like a custom placement for the Forum Header and for the Forum Footer.

I would also like to create a custom banner location that appears on the Topics pages.  I would like a custom placement for the Topics Header and for the Topics Footer.

First question, is this possible?

Second Question, Where do I place the code? 

{advertisement="KEY"}
I would like to use something like {advertisement="forumtop"} {advertisement="forumfoot"} {advertisement="Indextop"} {advertisement="indexfoot"} {advertisement="topictop"} and so on.
I just do not know where to place this code and if I can even accomplish what I am after.

Thanks for any help.

I would like the Forum view and the Topic view to appear at the top of the page and not after the first forum or topic.  That puts two advertisements on the same page and some people get mixed up and not see the other topics on the page.

Are you just using adsense or do you have specific advertisers? Having all these different ads and wanting them on a bunch of different pages seems kinda pointless to me, when a global header and a global footer will put the ads on every page anyway.

A basic but effective (while not being too intrusive) advertising set would be a 728x90 Leaderboard on the Header, another 728x90 leaderboard on the footer. On the sidebar you could just show one long vertical skyscraper (basically the opposite of your header/footer leaderboards) to guests only (which you can do with the ad section inside the invision ACP), and perhaps a square 300x250 rectangle below your sidebar content, using a custom block, that shows to regular members.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to have a pricing structure so if you have a big brand name and you want to pay top dollar you get a global ad.  If your budget is somewhat less you can get an add that appears on the fourms page.  Not seen as often so its a little cheaper.  Then you have the economy ads that appear on the Topics page.  Yes these will appear more often but there will be 15 or 20 banners in rotation.

I hope that helps you understand where my head is at.

Currently I am trying to figure out how to straighten out my articles and media pages.  This new pages thing has me twisted in a ball.  Lots of beating my head against the wall to see what falls out.

Jeff

Archived