Social engineering content detected on the site

Saurabh Jain

Warning from search console

Google’s Safe Browsing systems have detected that some pages on your site might be hacked or might include third-party resources such as ads that are designed to trick users into installing malicious software or giving up sensitive information. To protect your site’s visitors, your site has been demoted in Google’s search results and browsers such as Google Chrome now display a warning when users visit your site.

Act now to fix this problem and remove the warning:

Sample urls includes   the /admin path

Though I have opened the support ticket... Does any 1 received the same?

26 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

Warning from search console

Google’s Safe Browsing systems have detected that some pages on your site might be hacked or might include third-party resources such as ads that are designed to trick users into installing malicious software or giving up sensitive information. To protect your site’s visitors, your site has been demoted in Google’s search results and browsers such as Google Chrome now display a warning when users visit your site.

Act now to fix this problem and remove the warning:

Sample urls includes   the /admin path

Though I have opened the support ticket... Does any 1 received the same?

Yep, had this recently, contact google and tell them their system is identifying pages it's not supposed too. Explain the admin directory is not searchable. I never got a response back but the warnings went away :) I think they have to handle sites on a individual basis from what I can tell. I submitted a ticket and IPB suggested contacting them. It worked as far as I can tell. Once google identifies it's not a public access area I believe it's removed then.

Doesn't the robots.text handle this? I thought it adds all the directories which it shouldn't search or add to any google result?

User-agent: *
Disallow: /forum/admin/
Disallow: /forum/cache/
Disallow: /forum/converge_local/
Disallow: /forum/hooks/
Disallow: /forum/ips_kernel/
Disallow: /forum/retail/
Disallow: /forum/public/style_captcha/

As an example, or is this something different which is causing google to report the /admin as malicious?

Archived