Is there a way to wipe the activity stream?

socceronly

Working on a site that had a rather epic level of spam posts.  

I have deleted these, but they still show up in the Activity stream for Unread Content. 

For example, an article with a spam comment.  When you go to that article the comment is indeed gone, but it still shows up in the Activity stream. 

I would assume, no matter how much time goes by, anyone who has  read everything else, this will show up for them. 

Is there any way to wipe this stuff out of the Activity Stream?

Thanks
JM

9 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

How did you delete the spam comments?

Two different ways as they they took on a few different forms. 

Status update spam, I flagged the user as Spammer, then later deleted all those accounts

For the the Comments that were in a forum, I emptied the forum. 

I think the ones that are showing up, but I am not  sure, are comments made on articles that were not in the forum, but were on accounts that were deleted.

Gallery comments I deleted manually, those no longer show in the Activity stream.

15 hours ago, socceronly said:

Two different ways as they they took on a few different forms. 

Status update spam, I flagged the user as Spammer, then later deleted all those accounts

For the the Comments that were in a forum, I emptied the forum. 

I think the ones that are showing up, but I am not  sure, are comments made on articles that were not in the forum, but were on accounts that were deleted.

Gallery comments I deleted manually, those no longer show in the Activity stream.

Can you submit a ticket? it doesn't sound quite right, when anything is deleted through IPS4 it should also be removed from the search index.

On 3/2/2017 at 9:40 AM, Stuart Silvester said:

Can you submit a ticket? it doesn't sound quite right, when anything is deleted through IPS4 it should also be removed from the search index.

Thanks Stuart.  I'll do that.  Just want to check with the hive mind before submitting a ticket, you guys are busy enough.  

:)

Archived