Access denied for user @ using password yes

Brian Adams_26528

I have what I think is a very typical hosting site. I login to the cpanel, go to phpmyadmin and of course I have no access to privileges from there. I can manually create a db and create the user to apply permissions to, but I can't create an account that has permissions to create a database. I'm automatically logged into phpmyadmin.

When I run the install script it seems to locate the server but doesn't allow me to access anything to create the DB.

This is really a hosting issue by the sounds of it.

A mysql user with no privileges won't be able to do anything with the database

Generally on the main Cpanel page there should be some kind of other module / section you can access where you give the "mysql user" privileges, you won't usually be able to set this via phpmyadmin on a shared host at least, I think you'd need root control to modify users directly in phpmyadmin.

Given the usual layout of Cpanel, look at the other icons next to the phpmyadmin one, it should be one of those.

If you're really stuck it would be best to just ask your host how to do this. :)

In cPanel (or other hosting panel) Create database, Create User.  GRANT created user all privileges to created database.  Install IPS using database and user details you just created.

If you create the database for the installer, the user doesn't have to have privileges to create databases.  

10 hours ago, Brian Adams_26528 said:

There's a database wizard that allows me to create databases and add users and privileges which I've done and it still gives me the same thing. The site is hosted on a very busy friend's business. Since he's so busy support is hard come by.

Are you using cpanel? If so, can you post a screenshot of the permissions that the database user has?

Another thing to look for is the hostname, usually is localhost, but if your host uses some other name, then that could also be the cause of the error that you are getting.

Attached.

I have now installed the system on a local host. I exported the db to .sql, imported it into phpmyadmin in cpanel and uploaded all the files from my local to the file manager in cpanel.

I now get this:

Fatal error: Call to a member function language() on null in /home/oakdalesplacetob/public_html/system/Output/Output.php on line 535

Image1.jpg

If this is on localhost using wamp etc.. Seems off your username and database name would be the same. it's not "root"  for username? When you set up your localhost server you used ipboard as your phpmyadmin login? If for example your using wamp your phpmysadmin login would be your username and password. Just a guess here anyhow. 

Regards

Archived