Header / Footer invoice text

donjuan

Hello,

I am forced, by Dutch laws, to add my company number and VAT number on all of my invoices. So I'm currently using the footer invoice text setting, however, that only applies to the printable invoice and not on the invoice that is emailed nor on the invoice at manage purchases.

This means that I currently fail to apply to this Dutch law which brings my company in danger. Can this setting be changed or an extra setting to be added so that all invoices can have custom text added?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Bump!

I have already written dozens of posts about these requirements and I warn about using IPS commercial digital purchase features out of the box in the EU without further IPS core modifications. We, the europeans, as well as ALL OTHER users in the world, are required to act in harmony with european laws, if we interact with "european ressources" (= company location and server in the EU). Hence, it's a global requirement.

Some people might think, "hey, I'm from Chile or USA and european laws can't be applied to me". That's right and wrong! As long as you stay where you are far away, european authorities won't be able or take the effort to sue you (as long you're not Kim DotCom). But if you arrive by airplane in an european country one day, (this is only fictional!) the tax authorities might prove you one day, that this actually has been your duty by using european ressources in the internet and sell to europeans as well as other people in the world. TAX fraud isn't a trivial offence. And it doesn't matter where you come from.

Every IPS community provider in the EU has a lot of conflicts with IPS digital commercial software features and mechanisms.

They are missing

• important checkboxes or text sniplets (f.e. refund acknowledgement)
  • legal receipts for every commercial interaction (also for referral payments and commission splitting payments for contributors)
  • some custom fields for international VAT numbers (see the request above)
  • And did you know, that you are required by EU law to pay VAT for digital paid downloads in the european country a customer comes from. And that it isn't enough to only check for his billing address... Actually it requires further checks (like geo location) as evidence. Again: no one will care about 10 dollars, but if you achieve to go high with business on IPS platform, they will!

Yes, you are in danger. In big danger. Unless you (currently) have a 3rd party coder who implements "IPS core features", that are in risk to change continuously due to native IPS software changes in future releases. Imagine how much money this could cost you... I already invested thousands of dollars for such changes and can tell you.

Please understand, these are core functionalities that should be implemented for the sake of all IPS users.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong with any of my statements (I'm not a lawyer but I have a lot around me), but hopefully you get the essential meaning of the complications.

I can only state the following again and again:

• IPS please help us being protected from being sued by law. We are only asking for essential core features.
  • IPS, we love your software and we would rather invest in a native solution by IPS to develop and maintain these features. Otherwise it becomes a never ending story.
  • If IPS has other plans, the only alternative solution to a 1-man-show will be: we should gather all europeans here to develop a common EU solution for digital commerce and finance a 3rd provider (yes, it will cost really a lot, mainly because of "changing IPS core implementations" again and again).

On 17-3-2017 at 4:20 PM, Cyboman said:

Bump!

I have already written dozens of posts about these requirements and I warn about using IPS commercial digital purchase features out of the box in the EU without further IPS core modifications. We, the europeans, as well as ALL OTHER users in the world, are required to act in harmony with european laws, if we interact with "european ressources" (= company location and server in the EU). Hence, it's a global requirement.

Some people might think, "hey, I'm from Chile or USA and european laws can't be applied to me". That's right and wrong! As long as you stay where you are far away, european authorities won't be able or take the effort to sue you (as long you're not Kim DotCom). But if you arrive by airplane in an european country one day, (this is only fictional!) the tax authorities might prove you one day, that this actually has been your duty by using european ressources in the internet and sell to europeans as well as other people in the world. TAX fraud isn't a trivial offence. And it doesn't matter where you come from.

Every IPS community provider in the EU has a lot of conflicts with IPS digital commercial software features and mechanisms.

They are missing

• important checkboxes or text sniplets (f.e. refund acknowledgement)
  • legal receipts for every commercial interaction (also for referral payments and commission splitting payments for contributors)
  • some custom fields for international VAT numbers (see the request above)
  • And did you know, that you are required by EU law to pay VAT for digital paid downloads in the european country a customer comes from. And that it isn't enough to only check for his billing address... Actually it requires further checks (like geo location) as evidence. Again: no one will care about 10 dollars, but if you achieve to go high with business on IPS platform, they will!

Yes, you are in danger. In big danger. Unless you (currently) have a 3rd party coder who implements "IPS core features", that are in risk to change continuously due to native IPS software changes in future releases. Imagine how much money this could cost you... I already invested thousands of dollars for such changes and can tell you.

Please understand, these are core functionalities that should be implemented for the sake of all IPS users.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong with any of my statements (I'm not a lawyer but I have a lot around me), but hopefully you get the essential meaning of the complications.

I can only state the following again and again:

• IPS please help us being protected from being sued by law. We are only asking for essential core features.
  • IPS, we love your software and we would rather invest in a native solution by IPS to develop and maintain these features. Otherwise it becomes a never ending story.
  • If IPS has other plans, the only alternative solution to a 1-man-show will be: we should gather all europeans here to develop a common EU solution for digital commerce and finance a 3rd provider (yes, it will cost really a lot, mainly because of "changing IPS core implementations" again and again).

Amen brother.. amen!

• 8 months later...

This is also mentioned elsewhere but nobody seems to be responding or doing much to help us.  

As a new membership site and being a UK initiative I am only allowing persons from the UK to become paid members with the appropriate permissions and perks. Others may join if they feel the need to ( from across the pond) but they will be free members.

However I want to allow sales of some digital files ( music) globally which puts me in a dangerous position with respects to EU VAT unless I can prove the country of purchase. Basically it might not be worthwhile at all. :-(

9 minutes ago, kar3n2 said:

This is also mentioned elsewhere but nobody seems to be responding or doing much to help us.  

As a new membership site and being a UK initiative I am only allowing persons from the UK to become paid members with the appropriate permissions and perks. Others may join if they feel the need to ( from across the pond) but they will be free members.

However I want to allow sales of some digital files ( music) globally which puts me in a dangerous position with respects to EU VAT unless I can prove the country of purchase. Basically it might not be worthwhile at all. :-(

VAT on exports to non-EU countries

VAT is a tax on goods used in the EU, so if goods are exported outside the EU, VAT isn’t charged. You can zero-rate the sale, provided you get and keep evidence of the export, and comply with all other laws. You must also make sure the goods are exported, and you must get the evidence, within three months from the time of sale. This can be longer for goods that need processing before export and for thoroughbred racehorses.

The time of sale is the earlier of:

the day you send the goods to your customer

the day you receive full payment for them

You mustn’t zero-rate sales if your customer asks for them to be delivered to a UK address. If the customer arranges to collect them from you, an indirect export, you may be able to zero-rate the sale as long as certain zero-rating conditions are met.

the above info direct from GOV.UK web site 

Archived