disable error codes

Jaymez

I'm meaning it sounds silly to want to disable them. Lol. 

It's giving the end user information to give you (the admin) on what's happening for them or what's not working. Without error codes you rely on the more tasking method of when did it happen , and what's your IP? Then digging though logs lol.

18 minutes ago, Jaymez said:

These aren't errors.

Technically they are, if they don't have permissions to do a task, that will cause an error. 

I am all for educating you on how the software works, but first you have to have an open mind on how the software works and be open to receive help.

1 hour ago, Jaymez said:

nope not an error.

So when windows or linux tells you that you do not have permission to read or write to a file... is that an error or produces an error code? do you complain to WinSCP, filezilla, etc. when they print an error when you are missing correct permissions? 

Jaymez, I really think you do not know what an error is.

An error code is not a desired end user experience for anyone anywhere in production. That's why there's custom denial options now and that's also why the "error" is no longer displayed in bright red. It makes the site look broken to 95% of the free world. When someone clicks a link and sees a nice web page telling them why they can not see something AND the why part is customized.... AND there's an error code, well that's just...... silly.

An error is calling someone silly on a peer to peer help forum. You gonna steal my lunch money too?  Go away. I've hacked it out of the theme. I am set as stated.

Archived