Allow Users to Hide

Jaymez

We'd like a way to enable certain groups to be able to hide their profile from view and from the member's list/search results. So they have a "Hide my profile" option and Admins have the ability to decide which groups have this ability. Is this possible?

• 3 months later...

I was searching for something else and this turned up.  @Jaymez  there is an option to sign in  "anonymously" and this is where the user signs in, he can opt in to that. 

this will not show where he is currently viewing . 

its under LOGIN SETTINGS   =  allow anonymous logins 

Also there is an option in the member group setting that you can choose  

• Privacy Settings

• Show in online user list and latest member info?
    On /off
i think combining  those 2 things    in a group   would be ok.

then  maybe with a plugin you could force anonymous login for a certain group so that they dont have to check it manually

Show in online user list and latest member info?

Thanks! I posted this (below) in the feedback forum too and they added the above thereafter.

47 minutes ago, MeMaBlue said:

there is an option to sign in  "anonymously" and this is where the user signs in, he can opt in to that. 

Yes, I suppose that's an option and users can ignore people too if allowed. I'd still like to be able to hide a single user from everyone w/o creating a group. I'd also like for a group of 200 to be able to hide themselves if they so choose from mass groups. It looks like 'clubs' might address this in 4.2

Archived