How to make 10 sec logo video my main logo in header?

TheGreyWizard

So right now I just have a static logo.  But I just had a 10 sec logo sting created for my videos

But I would also like to take this mini intro and add it to my header as my logo - is this possible?

Here it is on youtube, but I also have it saved on my computer as an mp4 & can have the original Adobe AE file so I can have it rendered out as any other file type that would work for this application:

e

Have you considered exporting the video as a GIF, or possibly as GIFV (which may require customization).

Another idea is to try creating the logo as an animated SVG:

https://css-tricks.com/smil-is-dead-long-live-smil-a-guide-to-alternatives-to-smil-features/

You wouldn't have any support for it in IE/Edge, but you could offer a static logo fallback as an alternative for those browsers...

It looks cool and all, but I can’t imagine that on your site as a header image, frankly. That will quickly get annoying when you see it over and over again. 

Video or SVG animations are tricky considering full cross-browser support. The only save option would be an animated GIF, but your video isn’t really suitable for that as well. 

Hmm.  You have a good point.  Thanks for the advice and praise of the quality of the video.

If I wanted to do some animation on the website, but not go quite as far as my logo concept so it doesn't get annoying, any ideas on what I could do?

I deleted the other video from the youtube channel and it doesn't seem like I can edit my original post, so I'm reposting the video.

I will probably tone it down and change the song at some point, either way I think it needs to be faded in and out to really make it smooth and fluid.

Any idea how I can center youtube & vimeo videos within a WYSIWYG block?  Nothing i try seems to affect it and they seem to favor left for some reason.

22 hours ago, opentype said:

It looks cool and all, but I can’t imagine that on your site as a header image, frankly. That will quickly get annoying when you see it over and over again.

Agreed - but you could come up with a endlessly looping animation (something different) that would work well in that context. The big issue I see is the video goes outside of the "frame" of the video, which inside a player looks fine, but as a logo, it will have ugly cut off edges (especially if the logo background doesn't match the header background color).

An animated GIF would be the simplest and most compatible approach; perhaps design an alternate version (the looping animation I suggested) and export as a GIF? Considering your erm, theme, you could perhaps do something with a little wisp of smoke coming up from the text...?

Thanks for the advice guys.  I have employed a graphic designer from fiverr.com to make me a subtle, cool animated smoke gif.  I'm having her test how a neon green works and if that's too much/busy I'll go with a transparent smoke.

I'll give this thread an update if/when she creates what I'm looking for and I add it to the website.

Would I just add this to the logo uploader as a single file, or will the gif be an additional file that will need to be over-layed on the logo through CSS?

Archived