Upgrade from 3.x to 4.1 without converting posts?

vbnautilus

I have a largish v3.4 forum. We tried upgrading to 4.0 a while back but it didn't go so well -- many threads were crashing etc. and we went back to the old version after users complained. My ibf_posts table is ~500MB and It took forever to convert all of the old posts. 

What I would like to do is to keep our 3.4 forum as a kind of archive, and start fresh with 4.1. So, a new 4.1 board with no posts, but carrying over member logins/avatars/reputation, etc. 

Any ideas on what the best way to do that would be? 

I would recommend submitting a support ticket and we can assist you with a proper normal upgrade, keeping a second site would also require a second license, even if it's for archive, as long as it's available on the internet it would need it's own license.

We can assist you in a proper upgrade though, you can submit a support ticket in the client area here under your licensed account  https://www.invisionpower.com/clientarea  500mb post table is very small so this shouldn't take much time as well. ^_^

Well it took quite a while last time. I guess that probably depends on server resources.  Our current board has become unbearably slow, hence the desire to unload some posts. 

Anyways, requiring a second license certainly throws the weight towards just converting the whole thing, so I guess I'll just try that again. 

Thanks. 

Archived