Member Has Issues Uploading with Iphone

TDBF

Hi,

I have a member who cannot upload attachments with an IPhone. They have the latest IOS, tried with Safari, Google and Firefox but they cannot see the upload link when creating a post. The group they're in has the ability to upload attachments/images.

image1.PNG

Anyone know why this is the case?

4 hours ago, Doped_Wizard said:

It's probably a setting or maybe the theme? Are you using the standard theme? 

I just tried it on the latest version of ipb with an iPhone 6s and there was no issue.

Hi,

Don't believe it is an issue with the theme as others can upload and we did tests with two different iPhones and there were no issues. This seems to be down to this member who is having an issue and we're having issues finding out why.

15 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

I had a similar issue with uploads simply being rejected when uploading photos from iPhone. Sent ticket to Support and they enabled Imagemagick in Image Settings under Files in System AdminCP.  

Hi Brad,

The problem is she doesn't see the image upload button on her IPhone regardless of which browser she uses and doesn't even get the chance to try and upload images.

On 16/08/2016 at 0:01 AM, Doped_Wizard said:

Mh ok.. not sure where that setting would be. Maybe you can create a second account for him and if it works merge the 2 accounts see if that fixes it?

I will try that for her and let you know how that turns out.

Before you do anything - have you tried logging in as the user, using the functionality available on the suite? Test it out as them - you'll then most likely confirm that it is their account. And if so, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a secondary group assigned that is overriding the upload settings you have in place for their main group membership.

On 18/08/2016 at 2:54 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Before you do anything - have you tried logging in as the user, using the functionality available on the suite? Test it out as them - you'll then most likely confirm that it is their account. And if so, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a secondary group assigned that is overriding the upload settings you have in place for their main group membership.

Logged into her account and I had no issues. I am assuming this is related to her phone OS/Browser.  Asked her if she could use Google Chrome and FireFox and she still cannot see the upload functions.

Other users who have Sumsung phones reported that it works for them and they are in the same members group. She is only in Members and no other group. So, I am at a loss as to why it doesn't work for her.

Archived