Old Hosting to IPS Cloud Migration

Hello All,

I have a domain (WordPress + MyBB) hosted on an external supplier.
I have bought an IPS Cloud hosting and I had first a temporary domain.
I have moved all files, posts, members, articles, etc. to the new installed IPS Cloud.

Now, my problem is, when I change the nameservers on the domain to point to this new Cloud hosting I loose every traffic as users (about 2000 per day) were reaching through Google linke that were indexed from old hosting/site.

How can I do a forwarding or what is used in this cases to make all the link available on Google or elsewhere to redirect users to the new location ?

They get an error if they click on link on Google.

Thank you all in advance for tour responses!

How long was this traffic missing?  For about a day or so, you would have your traffic split between both servers.  Eventually they all come home.

Now why would they get an error when clicking a google link?  Did you change the name of your forum directory?  If you did, you should make certain your site map is up to date and re-index it with google and bing.  Or you could change it back.

It was up for about 3 days and for new hosting there was no users active.

All the existing links on google will not point to the current ones as the links were on MyBB and WordPress and now are on IPSuite 4 which makes the links being different.

Before was indeed in the forum directory for MyBB and main directory for Wordpress and now are both on root folder.

36 minutes ago, Teascu Dorin said:

It was up for about 3 days and for new hosting there was no users active.

All the existing links on google will not point to the current ones as the links were on MyBB and WordPress and now are on IPSuite 4 which makes the links being different.

Before was indeed in the forum directory for MyBB and main directory for Wordpress and now are both on root folder.

Okay, so if I read that correctly, you should create some SEO friendly re-directs (and fast)

Not sure what platform they use (Windows or Linux) but once you know you can get started.

Basically what you want to do is create a directory called MyBB and Wordpress (Your old directories) and start redirecting the old to the new.

Here is some info:

Redirection

If you can use .htaccess to re-direct directories and pages

How to Redirect an Old Domain to a New Domain

Hello and thanks for your reply.

Both hosting are Linux.

Let's say I have domain.com and I change the hosting from A to B and then by changing the nameserver from the domain it should point to the location of new hosting.

But the problem comes when users click on links that exist at the moment on google, which were indexed from old hosting and now are not working.

Being the same domain name should I use a redirect like IP of old host to actual domain.com or what do you recommend.

Hello,

@Lab Rats Rule IPS is installed on cloud on root folder with Pages app included. All data that was on Wordpress is in Pages as articles and forums has the info from MyBB.

@Rhett is not about my account, is for a friend account.

He has cloud hosting and after moving all database info from Wordpress and MyBB, which has been done without problems, he is not seeing any activity looking in Google Analytic after changing the nameservers for his domain with the ones provided by IPS Support.

He has on old domain links about 2000 unique visitors per day and he is afraid that he will loose the traffic if he is changing the nameservers to point to new cloud hosting as the current available links on google will not redirect visitors to the new location.

Ex. Consider a google link like domain.com/this-is-an-article. This will be changed on new hosting like domain.com/article.html/this-is-an-article .

And forum links will also be different. Clicking on the link found on google will not redirect to new hosting / domain location.

I was thinking in using on his old hosting to set a forward from IP address of old hosting to the actual domain address. Is it a good way for this?

Archived