How to get ready for 4.x with Nexus?

Arthur73

Hi,

I am currently working on an upgrade from 3.4 to 4.x. Sadly I am stuck right in the beginning due to Nexus. 

The server currently runs PHP 5.4 because this is the latest PHP version Nexus support.

The get-ready-for-ipb4 tool wants me to update to PHP 5.5, before I can update to IPB 4.x.

But there is no 3.4 Nexus version for PHP 5.5. So I am stuck as I can't get ready.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Yes - you turn the site offline prior to the upgrade, you then put PHP 5.5 in place, then you do the upgrade. All in one fell swoop.

Alternatively, you go ahead and upgrade while on 5.4 as the current release of IPS (4.1.11) is the last that will support PHP 5.4 - you can still use PHP 5.4 for it....just that before you go to 4.1.12 you will have to upgrade PHP to 5.5

If you wait until 4.1.12, which won't support 5.4, then you left it too late unless you also have a copy of 4.1.11 to upgrade to.

1 hour ago, Arthur73 said:

Hi,

I am currently working on an upgrade from 3.4 to 4.x. Sadly I am stuck right in the beginning due to Nexus. 

The server currently runs PHP 5.4 because this is the latest PHP version Nexus support.

The get-ready-for-ipb4 tool wants me to update to PHP 5.5, before I can update to IPB 4.x.

But there is no 3.4 Nexus version for PHP 5.5. So I am stuck as I can't get ready.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Nexus will support 5.4 and later. In other words it will also work well with php 5.5 and 5.6. Just ask your host to do an upgrade and all will work fine.
I have installed php 5.6.16 on my server after it became stable, my board was still in 3.4.6 with all IPS apps including Nexus and all worked just fine.

Thanks for you help. I will try a switch to 5.5 and see if Nexus works fine.

On 7.5.2016 at 5:00 PM, Cloud 9 said:

And remember to check your database tables for utf8-mb4 before you upgrade

This is my next problem, as the conversion test actually produces a fatal error.

I tested it and it did not work. When I switch to PHP 5.5 I will get an error message from Nexus and the website is down:

Zend Guard Run-time support missing!

One more more files on this web site were encoded by ZendGuard and the required run-time support is not installed orproperly configured.

For the Web site user

This means that this Web server is not configured correctly to runthe files that it contains. Please contact the Web site'sadministrator/webmaster and inform them of this problem and give themthe URL you are trying to display to help them in diagnosing theproblem.

For The Site Administrator/Web Master

One or more files on your site were encoded with Zend Guard. Thismay be third party libraries that were provided to you by an ISV. Toallow these files to properly run you need to download and installone of the Zend guard run-time libraries. This is either ZendOptimizer or Zend Loader. The proper files can be downloaded fromhttp://www.zend.com/guard/downloads.This software is provided free of charge.

General Disclaimer: Zend Technologies is not responsible tothe configuration and setup of web sites using Zend Guard technology.Please contact your software vendor if these components were providedby an ISV or consult your Zend Guard Users Guide if these files wereencoded by your organization.

Archived