Will the new update break anything?

Hunter Lyons

Well it broke my ability to post and create threads >.<

8Z0VsX9.png

ErrorException: preg_split(): Unknown modifier 'o' (2)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'preg_split(): U...', '/home/secretdirectory/p...', 630, Array)
#1 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/Parser.php(630): preg_split('/(\\[\\/?(?:acron...', '\r\n\thgghjghj\r\n', 0, 2)
#2 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/DOMParser.php(112): IPS\Text\_Parser->_parseDomText(Object(DOMText), Object(DOMElement), Object(IPS\Text\DOMParser))
#3 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/DOMParser.php(152): IPS\Text\_DOMParser->_parseDomNode(Object(DOMText), Object(DOMElement))
#4 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/Parser.php(565): IPS\Text\_DOMParser->_parseDomNodeList(Object(DOMNodeList), Object(DOMElement))
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Text\_Parser->_parseDomElement(Object(DOMElement), Object(DOMElement), Object(IPS\Text\DOMParser))
#6 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/DOMParser.php(104): call_user_func(Array, Object(DOMElement), Object(DOMElement), Object(IPS\Text\DOMParser))
#7 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/DOMParser.php(152): IPS\Text\_DOMParser->_parseDomNode(Object(DOMElement), Object(DOMElement))
#8 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/Parser.php(565): IPS\Text\_DOMParser->_parseDomNodeList(Object(DOMNodeList), Object(DOMElement))
#9 [internal function]: IPS\Text\_Parser->_parseDomElement(Object(DOMElement), Object(DOMElement), Object(IPS\Text\DOMParser))
#10 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/DOMParser.php(104): call_user_func(Array, Object(DOMElement), Object(DOMElement), Object(IPS\Text\DOMParser))
#11 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/DOMParser.php(152): IPS\Text\_DOMParser->_parseDomNode(Object(DOMElement), Object(DOMElement))
#12 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/Parser.php(565): IPS\Text\_DOMParser->_parseDomNodeList(Object(DOMNodeList), Object(DOMElement))
#13 [internal function]: IPS\Text\_Parser->_parseDomElement(Object(DOMElement), Object(DOMDocument), Object(IPS\Text\DOMParser))
#14 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/DOMParser.php(104): call_user_func(Array, Object(DOMElement), Object(DOMDocument), Object(IPS\Text\DOMParser))
#15 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/DOMParser.php(152): IPS\Text\_DOMParser->_parseDomNode(Object(DOMElement), Object(DOMDocument))
#16 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/DOMParser.php(99): IPS\Text\_DOMParser->_parseDomNodeList(Object(DOMNodeList), Object(DOMDocument))
#17 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/DOMParser.php(80): IPS\Text\_DOMParser->_parseDomNode(Object(DOMDocument), Object(DOMDocument))
#18 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/Parser.php(499): IPS\Text\_DOMParser->parseValueIntoDocument('<p>\r\n\thgghjghj\r...')
#19 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Text/Parser.php(170): IPS\Text\_Parser->_parseContent('<p>\r\n\thgghjghj\r...')
#20 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Helpers/Form/Editor.php(288): IPS\Text\_Parser->parse('<p>\r\n\thgghjghj\r...')
#21 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(158): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Editor->getValue()
#22 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(138): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->setValue(true)
#23 [internal function]: IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->__construct('topic_content', NULL, true, Array, '\\IPS\\Helpers\\Fo...', NULL, NULL, 'topic_content_e...')
#24 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Helpers/Form/Editor.php(132): call_user_func_array('parent::__const...', Array)
#25 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Content/Item.php(661): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Editor->__construct('topic_content', NULL, true, Array, '\\IPS\\Helpers\\Fo...', NULL, NULL, 'topic_content_e...')
#26 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(385): IPS\Content\_Item::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#27 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Content/Item.php(97): IPS\forums\_Topic::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#28 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Content/Item.php(58): IPS\Content\_Item::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#29 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(430): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#30 [internal function]: IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->add()
#31 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#32 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#33 /home/secretdirectory/public_html/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#34 {main}

I reverted to a backup before i updated, i will wait for a fix, if you haven't done that or cant do that, i suggest you contact support, they are an awesome bunch of guys.

2 hours ago, GregoryRasputin said:

Well it broke my ability to post and create threads >.<

I reverted to a backup before i updated, i will wait for a fix, if you haven't done that or cant do that, i suggest you contact support, they are an awesome bunch of guys.

This is an issue specific to Acronyms that contain a forward slash, please refer to this KB Article: https://invisionpower.com/4docs/knowledgebase/419-acronyms-with-a-forwardslash-in-them-can-cause-posting-to-fail-r303/

7 hours ago, Lyonharted said:

I have something like 30 plugins, a theme that completely redesigns IPS as well as a CK Editor theme. Will the latest update break any of this?

You would be best running a test install with that many plugins and upgrade that first.

Archived