Disable or remove admin contact

Axel Wers

You can either skin it out from the template (quite easy) or you can turn it off. :)

ACP > Applications > Expand the 'System' Application > Scroll down till you see 'Contact' in the list and click the green 'Enabled' block on the right to turn it off.

I tested this by generating an error page before turning it off then refreshing it afterwards. The 'contact' link was gone.

You could if you prefer just adjust its permissions so only members could use it if you prefer though but by the sounds of it you wanted it not there at all ?

17 minutes ago, AndyF said:

You could if you prefer just adjust its permissions so only members could use it if you prefer though but by the sounds of it you wanted it not there at all ?

This could be good, is there way how set up it only for registered members? Thanks.

Yes. :) On the applications page (where you clicked to turn it on / off) click the 'padlock' icon on the right to bring up the permissions for it (which group can use it) , adjust as needed and save.

Would suggest you check its correct after (generate an error as a guest) by say using a link that a guest cannot such as deleting a topic or suchlike.

Thanks Andy, sorry I didn't notice this is support for IPB 4.1.x :D so probably in my 3.4 version I don't have that option (maybe yes, but since I work in other business since 2013 I have only minimum time for board so my experiences with IP.Board fell down). Could you move this topic to 3.4. support forums? Thanks.

Archived