Is it possible to change a forum url

kar3n2

Hello again @kar3n2,

There's no set way/setting to do this, but you have a few alternates though:

1. 301 Redirects - Go to your web host, create a 301 redirect such as 'mydomain.com/whatever/youwant' to 'mydomain.com/forums/index.php/topic-link' (the current url of your forum.) This will allow users to enter one url, then be forwarded directly to your forum url, or whatever you specify.

2. Edit the forum name to 'slightly' change the url of the forum location.
    Example: This thread url is 'community.invisionpower.com/topic/426711-is-it-possible-to-change-a-forum-url/' but if you edit the forum name to "New Thread Url' then the title becomes "community.invisionpower.com/topic/426711-new'thread-url/"

Sucky solutions, but they work. If you will email me what you're specifically trying to do, I can work up a solution for you :)

Cheers

35 minutes ago, Kevin 7 said:

1. Edit the forum name to 'slightly' change the url of the forum location.
    Example: This thread url is 'community.invisionpower.com/topic/426711-is-it-possible-to-change-a-forum-url/' but if you edit the forum name to "New Thread Url' then the title becomes "community.invisionpower.com/topic/426711-new'thread-url/"

Cheers

this seems to work... cool    i can just do a little edit and rewrite the forum title and it changes it for me   COOOOL

a dear dev helped me greatly by adding me 100+ forums with some code and shortcut...  its just happens that it never put the full names of my forums which I never noticed till now.

HOWEVER I'm sure I can bribe my daughter with a bottle of wine to edit them all ... big job broke out lol     argghg 

Archived