Small request.. What do you guys think? user own store front

SJ77

1 hour ago, superj707 said:

There is no way for the funds to automatically be transferred you have to manually pay out each person?

Yes, manually each person when they request it.

For info only, might want to hold on to monies paid for a members goods etc for a while before paying out in case there is a charge back and then you have the problem of contacting member who sold goods to refund to you so you do not lose out on a charge back (hope that makes sense)

4 hours ago, steve00 said:

For info only, might want to hold on to monies paid for a members goods etc for a while before paying out in case there is a charge back and then you have the problem of contacting member who sold goods to refund to you so you do not lose out on a charge back (hope that makes sense)

And THIS is the very reason I don't like Commerce in it's current incarnation.  Using it with the Classifieds add-on means that it all processes through your account. I see an "easy" way to abuse the system and basically rob the account of the forum owner blind in a very short time.  If to be a true "commerce/shop" package, there needs to be a method to allow the seller to directly link their associated payment processor account.

18 hours ago, Tracy Perry said:

And THIS is the very reason I don't like Commerce in it's current incarnation.  Using it with the Classifieds add-on means that it all processes through your account. I see an "easy" way to abuse the system and basically rob the account of the forum owner blind in a very short time.  If to be a true "commerce/shop" package, there needs to be a method to allow the seller to directly link their associated payment processor account.

How would commissions work? If the website owner wants a cut of each sale?

1 hour ago, superj707 said:

How would commissions work? If the website owner wants a cut of each sale?

No different than normal.  The Commerce package would route a portion to the admin account (set up in the ACP) and the remainder to the sellers account (which is set up by said seller as "their" payment processor).

EDIT:
Better yet would probably be where it transfers from the sellers account into the IPS account holder (may prevent "charge back" issues effecting the IPS admins account and only effecting the sellers account).

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:24 PM, Tracy Perry said:

In other words similar to how ebay/paypal operate ?

Would be nice

9 hours ago, steve00 said:

In other words similar to how ebay/paypal operate ?

Yep, pretty much.  Take the weight off the site owner being responsible for all transactions.  Would allow (if done correctly) a site owner to allow select members to have their own store(s) also if done correctly (and more expansive permission sets added).

• 2 months later...

Archived