I have a suggestion regarding the youtube embedding issue

CornRages

In the peer to peer forum I was discussing an issue with youtube links being copied and pasted not embedding properly.

https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/425473-anyone-having-an-issue-with-posting-youtube-links/

It would be easier for the users if the forum software automatically recognized https://www.youtube.com/watch as requiring to be auto embedded.  At the moment it is only recognizing if pasted as plain text.  Most users in the general public will copy the url directly from the browsers search bar and then paste it.  That always converts to a hyperlink thus causing the forum software to "fail" to embed.

I understand that this is the correct way for the forum software to work but it would be easier for the general public if the software recognized youtube specific urls regardless of formatting.

Thanks for your time!

8 minutes ago, CornRages said:

Most users in the general public will copy the url directly from the browsers search bar and then paste it.  That always converts to a hyperlink thus causing the forum software to "fail" to embed.

Check your support topic, I was able to embed with every scenario from the browser you mentioned. Right click/copy link, from address window, from share box. All embedded.

I'd file a ticket.

I've gotten pm's about it from multiple users about it.  If you read some of the PM's you would probably pull your hair out as they are so convoluted and inaccurately describe the issue to such extent I required screenshots.

If I didn't start having the issue myself I would still be confused.

I tested your site, didn't press save but in preview tried a bunch of things, it embedded every time, a couple times it was slow, took 2 seconds, one of those times, I added a space after and it embedded. Have you tried waiting or adding a space after the URL? That's all I could come up with, and in that case, that should still be working better as that shouldn't happen.

What version of 4.1 is that?

Archived