RE: CkEditor Guide by Rikki

Woodsman

After following @Rikki's guide on the ckeditor regarding the menu dropdown. I found that it will not work as intended.

This isn't too problematic if you're only concerned with styling your own community. The CSS files CKEditor uses can be found in /applications/core/interface/ckeditor/ckeditor/skins/ips (if your theme uses the default CKEditor theme we provide). Edit the editor.css file in this directory to adjust the styles (this is a compressed CSS file, so add your own CSS at the end - don't edit existing CSS in the file!).

If you plan to distribute your IPS4 theme, however, and you need to style these areas of CKEditor that still exist in an iframe, you'll need to go back to using CKEditor's skin system, and distributing a CKEditor skin with your theme.

After some extensive Google searches and a few discussions with another developer here on IPS, he had me add a (?) to the beginning of the root - applications - core - interface - ckeditor - ckeditor - contents.css

?/*
Copyright (c) 2003-2015, CKSource - Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved.
For licensing, see LICENSE.md or http://ckeditor.com/license
*/

After which the menu dropdown works fine.

Problem 1 that I am seeing... Is now we are reverting back to pre IPB 3.0.x as to 1 file set and no  core edits. Meaning not only our custom theme files but now 2 other css files namely content.css and the editor.css that @Rikki describes above need to be added as well.

Problem 2 that I am seeing is the possible need of the content.css file per theme because at this point the ckeditor root content.css overrides all.
IPS supplies us a custom.css file for our custom themes while ckeditor supplies us the content.css for theirs. It sure would be handy and less time consuming if we were allowed to use the ckeditor content.css as intended.

Archived