Profile Songs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1.1.0 Released

With this update, we've added a lot of new features and fixes.

• Stop autoplay from happening with a new option in the plugin settings.
  • PHP7 support.
  • Member group permissions in plugin settings.
  • Language translation support.
  • Added URL support for uploading profile songs. This does not use the URL to play the song, it stores it on your server, but your server will download it rather than the user.
  • Fix with column not being detected when reinstalling (failed to install after being uninstalled once).
  • Updated plugin details and added support for update detection. This is not yet working, but it will not require a download when we release a new update to know when a new version has been released.

We're going to raise the price to 15 dollars the next week, if you were holding out buying it, buy it now.

@Rory Soh  Great updates, Now three of my groups have the permissions ^_^ 

Just one little problem, I added music to my profile and it seems I'm the only one that can listen to it. I check out other groups and I can't hear it. 

Idea is to have the option for members to listen to the music but no permissions to have the uploaded option. And have an option settings for banning members in members rank to not listen to the music

5 minutes ago, EmpireKickAss said:

@Rory Soh  Great updates, Now three of my groups have the permissions ^_^ 

Just one little problem, I added music to my profile and it seems I'm the only one that can listen to it. I check out other groups and I can't hear it. 

Idea is to have the option for members to listen to the music but no permissions to have the uploaded option. And have an option settings for banning members in members rank to not listen to the music

You shouldn't allow guests or banned members to view profiles, not going to add the ability to not listen to music. This is bad design. If your server can't handle 10 MB song, it cant handle loading a profile with a cover photo and custom fields.

I will fix the problem with not being able to listen to other people's profile music.

Edited by Rory Soh
Just now, Rory Soh said:

You shouldn't allow guests or banned members to view profiles, not going to add the ability to not listen to music. This is bad design. If your server can't handle 10 MB song, it cant handle loading a profile with a cover photo and custom fields.

I will fix the problem with not being able to listen to other people's profile music.

I agree with you regarding guests and banned groups, But for an admin and staff it's important. Reasons because of the song that they upload may contain copyright or what ever and the staff or admin might have remove it

14 minutes ago, EmpireKickAss said:

I agree with you regarding guests and banned groups, But for an admin and staff it's important. Reasons because of the song that they upload may contain copyright or what ever and the staff or admin might have remove it

So you warn them and if they keep doing it, ban them. Restricting the ability to upload it, is more work. There's no way for moderators to do this easily, you would have to have an administrator do it.

1.1.1 Released

Fixed a bug with playing other members profile music other than your own member group (now all who can view profile can hear your profile music).

Edited by Rory Soh

1.1.2 Released

• Fixed issues with some skins not working properly.
  • Updated a lot of code to make it work better.
  • I now include two plugins. You can either have a big or small player. Look at screenshots for details.

957c843be6af9c1d4ba497321dd64bd2.png.dbb

023a9b988465945f39a422c6c34601a0.png.bc6

When I release the next update, the price is going to go up to 15 dollars. This is when I will add a widget for profile songs to display on the site in various places - for example you will be able to use any member's profile song in any part of the site you see fit using the widget system in IPB.

Edited by Rory Soh

1.1.3 Released.

Resolved a bug that I fixed in 1.1.1 (viewing other member profile songs) - used an outdated plugin. Removed error code that is no longer supported in PHP7.

Sorry about all the updates - still getting used to IPB development. ;) I am a hard worker though and will get all the bugs/problems gone eventually.

Edited by Rory Soh
32 minutes ago, EmpireKickAss said:

Nothing to worry about, what I'm saying that I have to revert profile template from my custom theme so that the songs will work.

You can use .css overrides in a new template file, without having to modify the css file directory. What changes did you make to it to make it work for you? I may be able to improve compatibility if I see the way you went about making it work with IPBFocus skins.

1 hour ago, Rory Soh said:

You can use .css overrides in a new template file, without having to modify the css file directory. What changes did you make to it to make it work for you? I may be able to improve compatibility if I see the way you went about making it work with IPBFocus skins.

Here is the code from the profile template One.txt

And this is the revert two.txt 

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2016 at 0:42 PM, David Angel said:

Hey there! How can I increase the max file size?

I will add this in the next version. For now, you have to edit the plugin yourself.

Find this line.

$song->maxSize    = $this->group['g_max_bgimg_upload'];

Replace it with the number you want.

For example,

$song->maxSize    = 1024;

1024 = 1 MB roughly.

As a side note, there's a bug with IPB 4.1.12 that causes the editing member group not to work. I am investigating this bug. I believe it is a bug with IPB 4.1.12 itself and nothing to do with incompatibility. Check the Release Notes for more details of 4.1.12.1.

Edited by Rory Soh