Users can't see "insert other media" but admins can

Shawn Tierney

Hey everyone,

I sorry to ask such a simple question, but for the life of me I can't find the setting which is stopping my regular forum users (users just in the Members group) from seeing the "insert other media" button when they attempt to reply to forum posts or create new forum posts. Funny, they can see it in PM's and that setting appears pretty obvious.

I don't see it under group or forum permissions, group settings allow for unlimited uploads of attachments, and everything under forum settings and posting general looks fine (no limits - everything allowed.) I even tried the "default theme" and same issue.

It's weird because admins can see the "insert other media" button in replies and posts without issue, just not Members.

So - which setting am I missing? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Shawn Tierney

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, since no one at IP or any members were able to help, I ended up renaming "Members" to "New Members" and now auto-promote people to a new group after one post so they can see the "insert other media" dialog as the problem only happens with the default members group - all other groups do see it.

Archived