Online indicator

Square Wheels

I just updated my site.  To help ensure I had as few issues as possible, I inactivated / removed everything so the site was starting from stock.

Previously I had an online indicator, I know it's no longer part of 4.x (no idea why???), but it used to be in the Marketplace.  I can't find it.

How can I add a green dot next to an online user in posts?

Thanks

Just now, Square Wheels said:

That one shows a green dot?  2 hat css did you use? 

Yepp. Shows a green dot next to the user in posts. I don't use this plugin anymore so I can't tell you which css params I changed. But it should be no problem by using your developer console (within firefox or chrome) and get the right css attribute for the dot. Just change the size and everything should be cool (:

Just now, Daniel F said:

Sorry, i missed that it was hidden

Tease. :)

27 minutes ago, -FP said:

I've made a plugin for this just for my site, but it's not in the market it's so simple...

I may upload it to the marketplace later someday, looking into adding the dot also to private messages... but in the meanwhile...

Online Indicator 1.0.2.xml

123.jpg.6effd44829a7330fd28e42de705fcbfe

Works with 4.1.x.

Thank you!  This works very well.

I am trying to change it's size, I thought maybe I'd add this to the custom.css, but it doesn't seem to be working.  I'm 100% sure it's my error.

ipsOnlineStatus_offline {
    font-size: 40px;
}

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks!  I tried that too, but it's still the same size.  I tried ctrl-F5 on my browser too.

Oh, the class is missing the dot at the beginning, noticed it testing, also it should work without the !important thing:

.ipsOnlineStatus_offline {
    font-size: 40px;
}

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

You are very kind.

I went with this:

.ipsOnlineStatus_offline {
    font-size: 15px;
}
.ipsOnlineStatus_online {
    font-size: 15px;
}

I did offer to pay, and I see you are a contributor. Please PM me a PayPal account or other way to pay you.

Glad it worked. No worries man, I will upload this to the marketplace for free later when I add some more stuff to it.

15 minutes ago, Greg W said:

Hey @-FP,this is great & simple, thanks

Is there an easy way to change the Font Awesome icon in it?

You could edit the .xml file and change fa-circle in the code with your icon, there are 2 instances of it in the Hook Data section, the online and offline icon. Save and install.

I'll add a settings field to specify a font awesome icon when I publish the plugin.

Archived