Import Member List

sobrenome

• 3 months later...

How to find out what it is possible to import.....perform an export of the existing member list ('Download member list') and look at the provided CSV file and then build one from there.....the export content's header = the import content's header.

Is it possible to add custom profile fields? Probably not....I did a test of that a while back couldn't figure out if it was possible or not.

Pretty difficult to help without seeing your source content - but a quick test here showed it worked fine. Just did the one import - set the password_hash & password_salt fields in the CSV to the word 'testing' (which I want the password to be) and imported both fields as plaintext. Result: able to login with the password 'testing' on the imported member.

1 hour ago, MADMAN32395 said:

Essentially sounds like what OP is asking. If an app uses/created a custom column. What should be done to make it selectable in the export/import dialogs.

The OP is actually asking about the existing functionality.

So what you are asking is how to extend the existing functionality to allow you to export/import additional columns that may be added by either yourself (the admin) as a custom profile field, or settings etc etc that an application or plugin has created. Suggest you pop that in to the product feedback forum so it can be seen, or open up a discussion with one/some/all the 3rd party developers on here instead.

11 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Pretty difficult to help without seeing your source content - but a quick test here showed it worked fine. Just did the one import - set the password_hash & password_salt fields in the CSV to the word 'testing' (which I want the password to be) and imported both fields as plaintext. Result: able to login with the password 'testing' on the imported member.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you put the password "text" in "password_hash & password_salt" ... Again I feel overwhelmed ...

Thank's for your help...

1 hour ago, Stephane said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you put the password "text" in "password_hash & password_salt" ... Again I feel overwhelmed ...

Thank's for your help...

As I said.....

1 hour ago, Stephane said:

Pretty difficult to help without seeing your source content

Also.....have you taken a look at what I suggested previously?

Look at the exported content....and go from there - you've got a header row in the CSV and that contains the columns 'password_hash' & 'password_salt'......so I put the word 'testing' in both, and I imported the password as plain text because that is what it is....plain text.

Archived